Split: UNPLEASANT VENTING!

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio Split: UNPLEASANT VENTING!

• This topic has 19 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated Mar 4-5:39 pm by caprea.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ModdIt

To some, it’s a time to ‘go crazy’,

Sadly very true, some go outand order to, invade another country, enjoy the blowing up of buildings
      and feel happy killing people.

Not a happy march here in Europe.
      We are wondering how we can help refugees from warstricken Ukraine and wondering which country
      will be attacked next. And if any country outside of the attacked area or areas will have the
      balls to really help fight back and kill some despots.

LikkMii

March ? UH OH
        In a couple weeks I’ll be 69.
        I already own a hole.I need to pre-pay the backhoe guy before fuel prices go up 😉

Wallon

Dear Brian,

I have just found out that the Americans use the French expression “Mardi Gras”.
          Many parties (like Carnival for example) are cancelled here in Belgium because of Covid.
          The year 2022 is not a happy one with the invasion of Ukraine. Some people die on the right side of the European continent and others have fun skiing on the left side of the continent (in France for example).
          It is a strange world.

Best regards,
          Wallon

Forum Admin
          rokytnji

Finally learned it is better to live in the South, Brian?

Being a kid raised like a gypsy myself. I learned that lesson in my youth. Learned sleeping out doors here in the winter beats doing the same up north.
            Something that comes in handy in a war time setting I might add.

I am also Ukranian. 1/2 on Moms side. I have relatives over there. No one corresponds though. Back in my youth. I told my mom I could fly TTDY via the USMC c130 to the Ukraine for week. She told me, ” Don’t you dare! ” Emphatically. Figured she knew something I did not. Because her manners were abrupt and too the point. She never explains anything to me. Basically as a young man. She treated me like a mushroom.

So I never went. Going out to ride my motorcycle today because it will be in 70’s F here. Upper 21 celcius for you EU folks.
            Hmmm, Likkimi. You digging a cesspool or basement. My place has no basement either. It is 10 feet down to the water table here. Every one in town has a small well to water their lawn.

Anyways Brian. You could not pay me to live up north. It cuts into my motorcycle riding time.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by rokytnji.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
            Not all who Wander are Lost.
            Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
            How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Brian Masinick

@rokytnji: I’m with you 100%!
              Even before I moved here in 2018, as far back as the 90s I have been planning on retiring in the South.

While working I was in the greater Dallas area for multiple times and multiple weeks working on projects. They had a few storms, but I was very fortunate to miss them.

I’ve visited multiple California cities, mostly in the winter, except for the Bay area, which I have visited in multiple seasons.

I’ve been to Florida, Georgia and Alabama – and’Bama I have been there in the Summer; it’s similar to our weather.

When I visited here, I didn’t even want to return to Michigan; we moved here permanently 3-4 months later, but put the plan in motion almost immediately.

--
              Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

69 degrees now; high ~77+ this afternoon.

--
                Brian Masinick

Anonymous

To some, it’s a time to ‘go crazy’,

Sadly very true, some go outand order to, invade another country, enjoy the blowing up of buildings
                  and feel happy killing people.

Not a happy march here in Europe.
                  We are wondering how we can help refugees from warstricken Ukraine and wondering which country
                  will be attacked next. And if any country outside of the attacked area or areas will have the
                  balls to really help fight back and kill some despots.

You’rs could help the children in Donbass. I have been doing this for two years with a modest contribution here, because always at the beginning of school the first graders lack everything.
                  ( http://fbko.org )
                  Oh, I’ve caught you on the wrong foot now? You don’t know anything about the fact that a fascist clique in Kiev been waging war against its own population here for 8 years?
                  And, everyone was watching?

If you are now “shown” pictures of the “atrocities” of the Russians, then just ask yourself why exactly these “media” have lied to you for 8 years.

The Russians have said they will never shell the population.
                  I believe them. Why? They left this shitty Germany 30 years ago, as promised. The American occupiers are still there.

ModdIt

@male Instead of posting idiotic FUD: The Russians have said they will never shell the population.
                    Think all the news and direct communication from ukraine is fake. You are such a sad creature.

Regarding Faschist groups I only need to go a couple of houses away to smell the stench.

Anonymous

@Moddit
                      Your choice of words is unworthy of a moderator!

That was exactly the reason why two technically skilled people, xesure and skido, left.

ModdIt

Xecure (not xesure) and skidoo, (not skido) are persons for whom I have the greatest respect.

They are both adult and capable and do speak out for themselves as and when they wish.
                        I am also sure that anticapitalista and other moderators will listen to what they have to say for themselves.
                        As I have and will continue to do.

Skidoo is unfortunately seriously ill and undergoing treatment, I wish him a speedy and full recovery.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by ModdIt.
                        Robin

The Russians have said they will never shell the population.
                          I believe them. Why? They left this shitty Germany 30 years ago, as promised. The American occupiers are still there.

Dear male, I do know you are a bit weak in history, so I’ll give you an update.

I believe you are not aware there was a really important difference between the Sowjet Army and all the other Alied armies present in Germany (There wasn’t only the US and Sowjet army, but the British and French army were present also, you might not have been aware of this fact). Solely the Sowjet army has been (mis-)used as an instrument of suppression, of silencing peoples tongues. At Jun 17.th 1953 they gave a great demonstration of their power, and how they were willing to use this power against civil people. So after this date they hadn’t anything to do but to stay present, which was enough to terrorise poeple and break their spirit, bringing them to heel. So Sowjet Army weren’t meant by their government to stay as friends in Germany in the first place, (even if many of them personally have acted this way later on), but as a demonstration of power, keeping full control over people. Sad but true, whatever the official proclamations about communistic brothercounties have read.

That was something which none of the other Allied armies in Germany never have done after the second World War had ended. They (not only the US) instead acted and understood themselves as kind of teachers in democracy. So you might get an idea why the people of Germany (yes, this probably includes German People from Ex-DDR) don’t trust and believe what former Sowjet army and nowadays Russian army and their chief comander tells, whatever this is. And please, don’t answer me this 17th June was an isolated case: 1956 Hungary, 1968 Tschecheslovakia, 1981 Poland (Threat of Invasion), it was the concept of threatening people to death making them obey, practised by the sowjet-russian leadership. Just as before, when they made themselves common with Adolf Hitler (Don’t forget what Germany and Russia together did to Poland! And no other of the Allied have ever had secret pacts with Hitler like Russia. But in contrast to modern Germany, Russia practises this way of invading neigbour countries until today, declaring it simply as their legitime right, as you can observe again last days in Ukraine.)

So I don’t say the Red Army later didn’t fight Hitler, but they did not before Russia had been invaded by Hitler also finally. Where have the glorious russian red Army been when Austria was invaded, France, Belgium, Holland, Poland, Tschecheslovakia, Norway and so on? Did they even care? The answer is: No. They simply didn’t. They supported Hitler, cutting Poland in two pieces, shared this country brotherly among the two dictators. So it’s a staircase wit of history the sowjet dictator Stalin conventionalised himself as an angel of peace (This is the privilege of victors in history, has ever been). Please take note: He was not. (And no, this does not mean Russian people haven’t suffered from the German Invasion, which is very sad, and it also does not mean that we are not really thankful for what the red Army did while being Part of the Allied freeing us from Hitlers dictatorship.)

Btw, what strange kind of poeple are driving the site you link to? I’ve read a bit, and found some of the statements inacceptable. German pupils would learn in school only about the “american” D-day, and not about the fact that the Nazi regime was wore down by the Allied, including Sowjet-Russia finally? What kind of nonsens are they spreading over there? Every girl and every boy having attended history lessons in a German High-School knows the Image of the red banner hissed on top of the Reichstag by a Sowjet Soldier. And also they are well informed about what the Sowjet People had to suffer from Nazi SS and Army, just like the people from all the other countries enslaved, along with every detail about all the cruels of Shoah. So, please, stop telling and linking us propagandistic nonsense here. I believe this is part of what ModdIt wants to express in short words.

So and now, please remember, when thinking of Ukraine, what Bertold Brecht has once said about War of every kind:
                          „Daß die großen Geschäfte, aus denen der Krieg besteht, nicht von den kleinen Leuten gemacht werden. Daß der Krieg, der eine Fortführung der Geschäfte mit anderen Mitteln ist, die menschlichen Tugenden tödlich macht, auch für ihre Besitzer. Daß für die Bekämpfung des Krieges kein Opfer zu groß ist.“

Mutter Courage, Berliner Ensemble (with english subtitles)

So I believe it would be a good Idea to watch this great historic staging from the original Brecht Theater in Berlin, directed by Bert Brecht himself, it is completely subtitled in English language, so most people here will be able to follow the screenplay.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

PPC

This has turned out to be a place where people write what they think about the current war in Ukraine, so here are my 2 cents:
                            -Most wars make no sense at all in the legal sense- they are caused by one of these reasons or a mix or some/all:
                            1- economic reasons (hey, you have some resources I want, I’ll literally that over them, if you don’t mind, thank you very much…)
                            2- Religious reasons (hey, my God(s) say your God(s) are crap and you should be worshiping my God(s)… Let me help you with that by forcing you to do that, as is my Divine Right),
                            3- Political/Racial reasons (I don’t like the way you look, you don’t look human to me or you don’t think like a human should think, so you have no rights. since I consider no humans are in this very nice peace of land, let me take over it and exterminate those nasty beasts that look almost like humans but with the wrong tone of skin, wrong shape of eyes, wrong politics, etc)
                            4- Defend one people’s (or their friend’s) rights (I think I’m being oppressed by you, so I’ll fight you until you go away or leave me alone, or I’m afraid you’ll strike at me and, since striking first is the best defense, let me do that)

The US invaded some countries over the years using some of these reasons (Vietnam, Iraq…).
                            The former URSS did that over the years, taking over about half of Europe
                            The French did that, The English did that, The Chinese did that, The Portuguese and the Spanish did that… If you go down the time line of the World it is basically the way things were, even since there was recorded history.

So… Nothing new here, no new excuses for this War:
                            -The Russian side: Hey, you evil, Nazi bastards, you are oppressing Russian citizens that live in independent regions that you are occupying, like Crimea, etc… We’ll have to invade you to make you stop, just to defend our citizen’s rights, over there! Also, your country has no excuse to exist, you are not a real country! Also you want to get into NATO/OTAN and if you do, we’ll have our enemy’s missiles and armies right at our border!!! Of course we’ll have to strike first and stop that! Let us say first that we are doing some excises near the border, then say we are leaving, then get them with their pants down and invade those suckers!!!
                            -The Ukrainian side: You guys gave Crimea to us decades ago, and now, just Russians are the majority of the inhabitants of that, and other regions, some crazy people decided they were not part of our country and tried to take it over and stop being part of our Country, of course we waged war on them, to defend our Country! And now you Invade us, destroy our defenses, take over our cities, kill our people, shell our buildings, and want to get into talks with us, sure: GET THE F*** OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!

This sums up both sides, as best as I was able to gather from what I read and from current news…
                            Even if the Ukrainian were (I have no data on that) committing atrocities on their independentist regions, does that justify an invasion, so we have a country, for sure committing the atrocity of war against another country?

P.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by PPC.
                            olsztyn

@Moddit
                              Your choice of words is unworthy of a moderator!
                              That was exactly the reason why two technically skilled people, xesure and skido, left.

Xecure left too? Not only skidoo? I did not know they left because of fanatic political extremism of some moderator…
                              Loss of Xecure is another great loss of a such a great antiX developer/contributor. I hope he will come back despite any hostility, for the sake of antiX. Xecure’s design of Runit architecture and so actively and effectively helping users are just a few examples of his many contributions… Will never be forgotten…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
                              http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Brian Masinick

I’m shutting down this topic; I may even delete it altogether. All I intended to do was greet people, anticipate somewhat warmer weather (at least in some regions) and share happy thoughts. My “happy thoughts” clearly made others UNHAPPY, and I regret opening this discussion.

I’ll leave this here for a short while, then decide what to do next; I’ll almost certainly remove posts that are off topic to my original comments!

--
                                Brian Masinick

PPC

Dear Mr Masinick – sorry for my Off topic post, I was only replying to previous posts about the unfortunate situation here in Europe, I should have done so in a new thread.
                                  I’m glad it was splited into a new one (I’m not too keen on the title, but I understand why it was chosen)

P.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.