SQLite vulnerability – ? update available and useful?

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions SQLite vulnerability – ? update available and useful?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by stevesr0 Dec 20-4:08 pm.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    stevesr0

I heard and read that a vulnerability was found in sqlite and that many applications, notably the chromium and chrome browsers, are affected. I have the impression that the vulnerability affects applications that have sqlite files even on computers without the complete database management application itself. The presence of sqlite files can be sought by search (obviously).

A patched version of chromium and chrome has been released by Google (71.0.3578.80).

I am not sure that the enduser can patch the individual sqlite files that are present within applications installed on their computer.

I think for apps containing sqlite files, the app developer has to produce a patched version (as Google did) based on the updated version of SQLite recently released by its developer (version 3.26.0).

The patched chromium version IS available in the antix repo.

stevesr0

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.