[solved]SSD 7,5 gb

Forum Forums General Hardware [solved]SSD 7,5 gb

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Jul 29-6:35 pm by Xecure.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maary79

Hi.
    I have a mini pc with a 7.5 gb ssd, year 2008, CPU Atom. Can Antix base be installed?
    I tried MX xfce but it fails to install, crashing.
    Thanks.
    Bye.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by maary79.
    marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hi maary79.

I have a mini pc with a 7.5 gb ssd, year 2008, CPU Atom. Can Antix base be installed?

In https://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/How_to_install#Installation_of_the_antiX_operating_System

System requirements
    The antiX FAQ page gives the following info on system requirements.

antiX-full needs a 3.8GB minimum hard disk size. antiX-base needs 2.6GB and antiX-core needs 1.0GB. antiX-net needs 0.7GB.

marcelocripe

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Hi, maary79

Is that the complete size of the SSD or only a partition?
    With such a limited amount of space I recommend you do a frugal install with persistence instead of a “normal” full install.
    This will copy all the linux system to a compressed file that will take the same amount of space as the ISO size. With persistence, you can save all of your changes, as if in a real installed system but taking a fraction of the space.

You can also do a frugal install with MX Linux, if that is your preferred system.

To do a frugal install, select frugal (one of the options there) on the live boot menus.
    After the frugal installation, you will need a USB device to boot into it if you don’t have a boot manager.

If that is the only SSD, and it only has 7GBs of space, then you may also consider using this method descried by christophe to trick the system in thinking that your SSD is a live USB, so you can have a much easier frugal installation, using the from=hd and persistence options after installing.

If you still prefer a normal installation, try to only use one big 7GBs partition and NOT swap, as it takes extra free space.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

maary79
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you all, The disk is just 7.5 gb, it is not a partition.
    I believe they replaced the original hard drive, to put this little ssd hard drive.
    Antix installed with normal installation.
    Antix base occupies 2.77 GB.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks for the clarification. It is good that the base installation fits the SSD and can keep your system working without the need for external storage.

And thank your for marking this thread as solved. Not everyone does.

Regards.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.