Step by step guide to install antiX-Base

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Step by step guide to install antiX-Base

• This topic has 35 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Oct 26-9:24 pm by AA BB.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    anilkagi
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Hello @Seaken64,

I incorporated all the suggestions you had made, except the one discussed below. Due to some technical glitch, it was not possible to edit the original post. The newly edited post had to be posted as a new thread as per directions from the moderators. It is pending moderation. The moderators have suggested that the two threads will be merged and any extraneous matter removed.

This is the link to the new thread: https://www.antixforum.com/?post_type=topic&p=41988#post-41989

——-

Hello @Skidoo, @Xecure, @Seaken64 and @Masinick,

I tried the methods suggested by you to address the issue of desktop Menu entry of applications installed from outside the repositories. Further I found related discussions in these threads:

https://antixlinux.com/forum-archive/solved-customising-icewm-menus-t7065.html
    https://antixlinux.com/forum-archive/solved-jwm-menu-after-update-reorganizes-antix-men-t5903.html

As a trial instance, I checked this for the application called ‘Dukto’, an opensource GPLv2 multi-platform file and text transfer tool. Installed it with the .deb package for the version 6 – “dukto_6.0-1_amd64.deb” downloaded from here;

download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/colomboem/xUbuntu_16.04/amd64/dukto_6.0-1_amd64.deb

I installed it on a fresh VM of antiX-Base.

Luckily I did not have to create the .desktop file in the /use/share/applications. It was already there, created by the system/installer.

However, even after choosing to;

1] 'Refresh Menu' from menu or, 
    2] 'show applications' from the Control center or,
    3] giving the command "desktop-menu --write-out-global" or,
    4] copying the dukto.desktop file from /use/share/applications/ to ~/.local/share/applications/,

did not help resolve the issue.

Moreover, it is possible to launch the application from both Terminal and AppSelect and it works perfectly whe launched from both.

However, when I launch it from the terminal I get the following o/p, and my desktop is the default ROX-IceWM.if it is of any help to resolve this.

$ dukto
    qrc:/qml/dukto/BuddyListElement.qml:74:16: QML Image: Cannot open file:///: Path is a directory

What could be the problem?

Please throw more light on this?

Thanks & Regards

AA BB
    Helpful
    Up

Is there a link to the final edited version containing suggested additions, etc ?

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

I installed
    download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/colomboem/xUbuntu_16.04/amd64/dukto_6.0-1_amd64.deb

What could be the problem?

The problem seems to be that you can lead a horse to water, but ya can’t make ’em drink.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Is there a link to the final edited version containing suggested additions, etc ?

You can see what changes have been made here:
    https://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/How_to_install
    and even add your own changes and suggestions.

AA BB
    Helpful
    Up

excellent idea and I cant thing of anything more essential to any AntiX user who wants to build a system per their individual needs.

IMO one of the best elements is expressed by “Let us together keep this guide dynamic and evolving.”
    Hopefully, access to this “evolving” document will be hard to miss when an AntiX users log into the forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.