Stole Windows 12

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics Stole Windows 12

• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated May 28-6:40 pm by Ge Chin Pun.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ge Chin Pun

If You want create Windows 12-13…etc
      Download xfce. Put any Windows icons from “So.zip” into folder /usr/share/icons. Unpack archive “theme_XFCE” into folder /usr/share/themes. Change appearance and window manager.

Colonel Panic

Thanks for the advice (and files).

marcelocripe

Thank you very much.

Ge Chin Pun

dim memories

Attachments:
            PPC

If You want create Windows 12-13…etc

I forgot to mention:
              Are you aware of the FT10 Transformation Pack, that can be configured to proximate the way Windows 10 and Windows 11 look and work (by that I mean, the way the toolbar and the menu work)?
              With the correct Window Manager Theme, Icon Theme, Mouse Theme and Wallpaper, you get almost the same result, without having to install a Desktop Environment (FT10 works with the IceWM/JWM/Fluxbox Window Managers).
              Better than just “look like” a well known system, it’s probably best to “look and work similar” to a well known system, to help people adjust to a new OS.

Even without installing anything, a regular recent antiX can be configured, using a GUI, to look, like you said a “Windows 12”: Launch IceWM Manager GUI, select the option to hide names os windows in the toolbar, use the FX-Dark IceWM theme, if you want to disable the system tray indicators and you get window decorations and a toolbar most Window Users Would feel comfortable with.
              Optionally install skippy-xd and add it to the IceWM toolbar, for a visual way to switch windows, and I bet no Windows user would feel “lost” using antiX (except, well, for the default Menu, that is not only category driven, but lacks in-built search. Searching for apps requires the extra step of clicking the app finder icon, on the top of the menu)

But, yes, I admit, that “Windows XP like” screenshot brought me back to simpler times… 🙂

P.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by PPC.
              marcelocripe

Ge Chin Pun, could you please share with us this theme on Windows XP?

Thank you very much.

– – – – –

Ge Chin Pun, por favor, você poderia compartilhar conosco este tema no Windows XP?

Muito obrigado.

Ge Chin Pun

Theme XP is hand-made. With Synaptic install LXDE. “So.zip” archive (top post) contains some icons. Unpack this archive (from root) into /usr/share/icons or /usr/share/lxde/images. Panel settings – select “grady11.png”. “Start” button select from any new icons. Usual Windows Walls put into “pictures”. Enjoy))).

Ge Chin Pun

I use my own distro of Antix21_64 LXDE. Swiss knife. 2GB. http://drive.google.com/file/d/1NlKGVoBn9TiiPY-opMp4IlKmpPT4hBxp/view. Try it right now.

Ge Chin Pun

Thank you.

Xunzi_23

please stop spamming development.

distro of Antix21_64 LXDE. Swiss knife. 2GB. http://drive.google.com/file/d/1NlKGVoBn9TiiPY-opMp4IlKmpPT4hBxp/view. Try it right now.

No Thanks

Mods please move to antiX respins where it belongs.

Ge Chin Pun

How_to within the archive

Attachments:
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.