Sudo Permission antiX 23 Core SysV 64 Bits

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Sudo Permission antiX 23 Core SysV 64 Bits

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Sep 13-6:52 pm by abc-nix.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ren1268

Hi, this was my fresh install of antiX 23 Core (64 bits). Just after the cli-installer copied to hard drive and asked for reboot, I login-ed into console terminal using my username and gave me this issue. While I was trying to set up network connection using ifconfig or ceni via antiX-cli-cc. It gave me sudo permission error as follows:

sudo: /etc/sudo.conf is world writable
      sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set

$ sudo test
      sudo: /etc/sudo.conf is world writable
      sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set

$ su –
      su: cannot set groups. Operation not permitted

I checked groups and my username belongs to sudo. I do not think I made any mistakes when installer asked for user/password and root/password. With this sudo permission error, I cannot shutdown and reboot neither using console terminal nor antiX-cli-cc.

Would this be general system corruption during download or installation? Thank you in advance.

abc-nix

Hi.

You can shutdown/reboot with Control+Alt+Delete.

I have no idea what the problem could be. You may be able to solve it by booting into the live system and chrooting (you can use the chroot rescue scan program) into the installed system, and fix it from there. It will log you directly as root.

I cannot give you any other suggestion, as I have no experience with this issue. Maybe someone else has seen this before and can provide guidance.

ren1268

I made a mistake and assumed that cli-installer would take care of it.

Root cause: it was ntfs data partition. I did not reformat it before installation. I answered “No” for “Do you want to repartition the disk?” The installer copied the file to ntfs partition.

Corrective Action: I did repartition in ext4 and continued with fresh re-installation under live antix-23 core. Now no more sudo permission issue.

abc-nix

Good to know. Thanks for reporting the resolution of your problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.