Suggestion for next AntiX

Forum Forums General Software Suggestion for next AntiX

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by azrielle Jul 3-11:48 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MepixUz

The suggestion is to have option to make the system ‘frozen’ temporarily without any new respining required or new files – it just freezes the system and writes all changes in ram -like a live system.

However, certain directories can be specified to remain ‘thawed and modifiable’ at bootup.

Exactly like this program:
    LinFreeze – “Deep Freeze”-like Software for Linux
    https://github.com/sloshy/LinFreeze

Its secure and quicker/faster for quick small changes and playing around with new programs

——

Would also love to see portable program creation like in PUPPY

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Won’t work on antiX

NOTE: This script is outdated and may not work on modern versions of Linux. Use at your own risk.

This is probably spam, but I’ll keep the post until I’m 100% sure.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Dave

Uhm frugal install or a modified version of a frugal install? Then use home / root persistence set to manual; only saving the changes when you would like?

Edit: a few other thoughts…
    Mount the system read only (ro vs rw on the grub line) then bind mount the directories that need write to tmpfs such as /var /proc /sys ?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Dave.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

azrielle
    azrielle

Include PloP in the initial boot menu (like Porteus 3.1 used to do).
    I rescued more than one borked Win7SP1 system, and at least one linux screwup, using it to find the boot partition. ‘Course I was a rank beginner at the time.

Lenovo T430 i5/3220M 8GB 14.1" MX17.1/AntiX 17.1 Fluxbox/Win7SP1 180GB SSD+128GB mSATA
    Lenovo X230 i7/3520M 12GB 12.5" MX17.1/Win7SP1 500GB SSD
    Lenovo X131e i3/3227u 8GB 11.6" MX17.1/AntiX 17.1 Fluxbox/Win7SP1 500GB SSD
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.