Suggestions about antiX Linux to developers and maintainers

Forum Forums antiX-development Development Suggestions about antiX Linux to developers and maintainers

• This topic has 110 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated Oct 5-1:27 am by marcelocripe.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Dzhigit
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Both distributions benefit in a advantageous way from the work of the other
    but both are clearly going their own way.
    It’s absolutely marvelous that this works and it’s definitely the best for both of them. that’s my thinking about it.

Just to add to the excellent reply by caprea.
    You may not know, but antiX pre-dates MX by approximately 7 years.
    The first official release of antiX was in July 2007.
    The first official MX release (I was the head dev of the project back then) was in March 2014.
    One could argue that MX could not exist in its present form without antiX (I’m referring to the live system in particular).

I completely agree. While MEPIS existed prior to antiX and many of the MX Linux community were a part of that effort, it’s been close to a decade (last release of MEPIS was in 2011) so antiX has now been around much longer and practically all of the old MEPIS infrastructure has been replaced.

Yes, @caprea and @masinick, I agree with you both. There is something unique about antiX. Maybe it’s the idea of Mean and Lean and the support for older computers. As much as I like MX I like antiX for what it provides that MX doesn’t. I want antiX to stay as it is.
    Seaken64

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply. I think I know more about the differences between MX and antiX now. So now, let me ask another, but still similar question. Why not keep MX and antiX the same way they are now, but have a single package repository for both of them? This seems to have most of the benefits, but not many of the downsides you have mentioned. I started using MX yesterday and I tried to install celluloid, before realizing that only antiX had it. I also tried to purge systemd install eudev and elogind, because I haven’t used systemd in a long time and I don’t want to learn how to use it right now, but MX does not have the necessary packages to remove it. One package repository will make it so if someone adds a package to one, it will be added to the other. Thank you for spending your time to answer my questions.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

One thing that I LOVE about your work and your efforts, Marcelocripe, is that even though you consider yourself a novice or a beginner when it comes to antiX Linux, you have an excellent work ethic, a desire to learn, and an appreciative attitude. These attributes are not only helpful, they are a great example for others, and it is my great pleasure to assist in this work in any way possible. Though I don’t have all the answers (not even close since I’m retired and not deeply involved in the development or testing), my heart is grateful to see people like you contributing to our efforts. I am quite certain that the Portuguese and Brazilian aspects of antiX will improve 100% or more with the help of people like you. Thank you for your questions and your contributions once again!

Uma coisa que AMO sobre seu trabalho e seus esforços, Marcelocripe, é que mesmo que você se considere um novato ou um novato quando se trata do antiX Linux, você tem uma excelente ética de trabalho, desejo de aprender e uma atitude apreciativa. Esses atributos não são apenas úteis, eles são um grande exemplo para os outros, e é um grande prazer ajudar neste trabalho de todas as maneiras possíveis. Embora eu não tenha todas as respostas (nem perto, já que estou aposentado e não estou profundamente envolvido no desenvolvimento ou nos testes), meu coração está grato por ver pessoas como você contribuindo para nossos esforços. Tenho certeza de que os aspectos português e brasileiro do antiX irão melhorar 100% ou mais com a ajuda de pessoas como você. Obrigado por suas perguntas e suas contribuições mais uma vez!

Brian Masinick,

I thank you for your kind words … (now I am speechless)

Thank you.

Eu agradeço por suas palavras amáveis … (agora fico eu, sem palavras)

Obrigado.

marcelocripe

Dzhigit
    Helpful
    Up

I have been finding a lot of issues with antiX packaging, for example

What other “for examples”?
    (unnoticed hiccups remain unfixed until someone reports ’em)

Unfortunately my main antiX PC is not turning on, so I cannot go back and report everything. I am writing this from a laptop with Debian. But I think I still remember this, I was using an antiX LiveUSB yesterday with the antiX net ISO, and I believe I may have run into an issue where antix-remaster will not work without squashfs-tools, but the latter is not listed as a dependency of the former in apt. I do not remember the exact package names or other details. I will make more posts about other issues once I fix that PC, but I do not know how long that will take.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Dzhigit.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

MX does not claim to be systemd-free, unlike antiX. That is another reason why the projects differ and why the repos differ (antiX repos include eudev, elogind, there is no need for MX to include them so they don’t).
    Another plus is that antiX is probably the only Debian-based distro using eudev and not udev.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Brian Masinick and colleagues,

The words are starting to come back …

I am happy to be able to collaborate with what I can with antiX.

Sometimes we are unable to give back to the people who help or helped us, to the people who contribute or contributed directly or indirectly for the opportunities and for our growth. After all, they are doing good for each other.

So, I think and wonder, how much time of the creator and the developers are and have been donated for the existence and maintenance of the antiX Linux operating system? It’s all volunteer work, isn’t it? Is antiX for profit? The same extends to the various colleagues who help with technical support here on the forum, donating their time and knowledge for the common good.

As the conversations were taking place on this topic, I am very happy … Xecure, I have no way to stop mentioning it, understood my enormous difficulty and the need to install the programs offline, if you were willing, taking the important initiative to develop a portable or executable program for this task, have you seen how the program is getting better? It would be great if more people could help you with the code … I was curious to know the history of antiX, I researched and did not find much official information about it, this is something that could or should have on the website, part of this story was answered by Brian and Anticapitalist on this topic. It’s been a good few years of work and history, isn’t it ?!

Another inherent issue that has come up is about the usefulness of the two antiX Linux and MX Linux distributions, due to the lack of official and even historical information (here’s a good reason to have a page on the site, about “the history of antiX”), some people question, others do not ask for shame or fear, I am happy that here (in this forum) there is no such fear. People really ask! And this is very good.

When I started researching Linux, the goal, some of you already know, … is to find one or more solutions to save computers and prevent them from being thrown in the trash …, only after some time that I I started to understand that there was no Linux, but that there were several Linux distributions, so what should be the solution, ended up becoming another problem. Which linux distribution will serve and which is not just another “flash in the pan”?

Meaning of “straw fire”: Excitement that lasts a short time; something that seems intense and important, but that ends quickly; transient, ephemeral: “the XYZ Linux distribution was or was just a flash in the pan.”

Amid so many tests, registration in various forums, inevitably, a lot of time … My doubts were increasing instead of being answered / resolved, I asked myself several questions, among them:

1 – Which Linux distribution or BSD distribution should I follow?

2 – What is the Linux distribution or BSD distribution that will allow old computers to continue working?

3 – What is the Linux distribution or BSD distribution that is not just another “flash in the pan”?

4 – What is the Linux distribution or BSD distribution that we can count on help or technical support from the most experienced (I have no way to pay for it)?

Some of these questions are being answered by you each day.

I don’t know MX Linux yet, but I prefer that antiX and MX Linux continue to exist, because if they cease to exist, both one and the other, they will leave several orphans around the world and increase the Distro Watch list of distributions Discontinued Linux or BSD see the link https://distrowatch.com/search.php?ostype=All&category=All&origin=All&basedon=All&notbasedon=None&desktop=All&architecture=All&package=All&rolling=All&isosize=All&netinstall=All&language=All&defaultinit= .

In case, you who have been on the road of the “Linux world” for a long time, do you have any distribution that was discontinued and that abandoned you and left you “orphaned”?

marcelocripe

—————

Brian Masinick e colegas,

As palavras estão começando a voltar …

Eu fico contente em poder colaborar com o que posso com o antiX.

As vezes não conseguimos retribuir para as pessoas que nos ajudam ou ajudaram, para as pessoas que contribuem ou contribuíram diretamente ou indiretamente pelas oportunidades e para o nosso crescimento. Afinal, estão fazendo o bem para o outro.

Então, eu penso e me pergunto, quanto tempo do criador e dos desenvolvedores são e foram doados para a existência e para a manutenção do sistema operacional antiX Linux? São todos trabalhos voluntários, não são? O antiX possui fins lucrativos? O mesmo se estende para os vários colegas que ajudam com suporte técnico aqui no fórum, doando o seu tempo e conhecimento para o bem comum.

Como as conversas foram se desenrolando neste tópico me deixam muito contentes … O Xecure, eu não tenho como deixar de citá-lo, compreendeu a minha enorme dificuldade e necessidade de se fazer instalações offline dos programas, se dispôs, tomando a importante iniciativa de desenvolver um programa portátil ou executável para esta tarefa, já viram como o programa está ficando cada vez melhor? Seria muito bom se mais pessoas pudessem ajudá-lo no código … Eu fiquei curioso em conhecer a história do antiX, eu pesquisei e não encontrei muita informação oficial a respeito, isso é algo que poderia ou deveria ter no site, parte desta história foi respondida pelo Brian e pelo Anticapitalista neste tópico. Já são alguns bons anos de trabalho e história, não é verdade?!

Outro assunto inerente que surgiu é sobre a utilidade das duas distribuições antiX Linux e MX Linux, por falta de informações oficiais e até históricas (olha aí um bom motivo para ter uma página no site, sobre “a história do antiX”), algumas pessoas questionam, outras não perguntam por vergonha ou medo, eu fico feliz que por aqui (neste fórum) não existe este tipo de temor. As pessoas perguntam mesmo! E isso é muito bom.

Quando eu comecei a pesquisar sobre Linux, o objetivo, alguns de vocês já sabem, … que é para encontrar uma ou mais soluções para salvar os computadores e impedir de serem descartados no lixo …, só depois de algum tempo que eu comecei a entender que não havia um Linux, mas que haviam várias distribuições Linux, aí o que deveria ser a solução, acabou se tornando um outro problema. Qual distribuição linux servirá e qual não é só mais um “fogo de palha”?

Significado de “fogo de palha”: Empolgação que dura pouco tempo; algo que parece intenso e importante, mas que acaba rápido; transitório, efêmero: “a distribuição XYZ Linux foi ou foram apenas fogo de palha.”

Em meio a tantos testes, cadastros em vários fóruns, inevitavelmente, muita perda de tempo… As minhas dúvidas foram aumentando ao invés de serem respondidas/resolvidas, eu me fazia várias algumas perguntas, entre elas:

1 – Qual é a distribuição Linux ou distribuição BSD que eu devo seguir?

2 – Qual é a distribuição Linux ou distribuição BSD que permitirá que os computadores antigos continuem funcionando?

3 – Qual é a distribuição Linux ou distribuição BSD que não é só mais um “fogo de palha”?

4 – Qual é a distribuição Linux ou distribuição BSD que podemos contar com ajuda ou suporte técnico dos mais experientes (Eu não tenho como pagar por isso)?

Algumas destas perguntas estão sendo respondidas por vocês a cada dia.

Eu não conheço o MX Linux ainda, mas eu prefiro que o antiX e o MX Linux continuem existindo, porque se pararem de existir, tanto uma como a outra, deixarão vários órfãos espalhados pelo mundo e passarão a aumentar a lista do Distro Watch de distribuições Linux ou BSD descontinuadas vejam o link https://distrowatch.com/search.php?ostype=All&category=All&origin=All&basedon=All&notbasedon=None&desktop=All&architecture=All&package=All&rolling=All&isosize=All&netinstall=All&language=All&defaultinit=All&status=Discontinued#simple.

Por caso, vocês que estão na estrada do “mundo Linux” a muito mais tempo, tem alguma distribuição que foi descontinuada e que te abandonou e te deixou “órfão”?

marcelocripe

PPC
    Helpful
    Up

@Marceloripe: MX Linux is a younger antiX’s “brother”- it has many of the same features (live capabilities), a similar (although more powerful)- Package Manager, in short much of the same “backbone”- but Mx, instead of using window managers, to keep the system lighter, uses a Desktop Enviroment – XFCE (and now also offers a KDE version). Recently, the “flagship” “XFCE” MX version began offering, out of the box, a Window Manager- Fluxbox: the user starts MX, logs out, selects Fluxbox from the icon at the top of the screen, and logs back to MX, and instead of XFCE, sees a very customized Fluxbox Desktop. antiX also has a Fluxbox Desktop available, but MX’s is completly independent from it- it has very different default configs, a very short menu (MXFB does not have all available applications cathegories, but instead relies on Rofi and xfce4-appfinder as file launchers)- it has a costume dock, and a costume application to manage desktop icons (that are displayed using the ancient idesk application). The latest MX-Fluxbox version offers a new toolbar (Tint2) that makes it look and act much like a standard OS (like Windows 10, for example), with a start menu, and quick launch icons.
    Using MX-Fluxbox, toggling off desktop icons, the dock, clipboard manager, automatic updater, etc, make MXFB 2.2 running on MX-Linux 18.3, 64 bit, run on as little as 220 Mb of RAM on my desktop computer (about 30 Mb are used by the Nvidea driver, so, It should run on about 190 MB of iddle RAM on a computer without NVIDEA driver installed).
    I’m partial to antiX, but I also collaborated with MX and MXFB and it acts and feels much more like a novice Linux user would expect the System to run, and has the wonderful Mx-tools to help with many essential tasks.
    During the last year, antiX changed it’s looks, looking now like a more polished OS, and offering many helper scripts that user can depend on to perform most essential tasks, specially on the defautl IcewM desktop, without needing to use the Terminal (unless they so desire).
    There are many differences, between MX and antiX, like for example: MX’s default file manager, is Thunar, and its a bit heavier, but also has some features that lack in antiX’s Rox and SpaceFM. As an user of both OS my point of view is that, file manager wise, a correctly configured SpaceFM is a even match to Thunar ( you have to add “Bookmarks” and install a “Trash can”, if you miss having one)
    On the Looks- both XFCE and MXFB with the Tint2 toolbar feel more “modern” than all of antiX’s desktop, but user experience is very near on XFCE and the ROX-ICEWM desktop- there are different ways to have desktop icons and toolbar icons, but you can do both on MX and antiX. In MX you search for apps from the menu, but antiX solves that with it’s costume application finder (app select – as power as searching on the menu, but also a bit slower on older systems)…
    On features- hum… Out of the box, both Systems are very similar, but MX allows the user to boot using “systemd” as it’s init – that allows the user to run apps that depend on systemd- like Snaps. Also MX’s Package Installer has many more features- allows the user to search by app description, not only by app name, install and manage flatpacks, and also install some more apps that antiX’s.
    MX has a different internet connection manager- I seldom see, on it’s forum, a user complaining about Wifi problems. True, that using Xecure’s forum posts (video and helper scripts) on Connman can solve some 90% of Wi-fi problems… But, if a user does not have internet working, there’s no way to find the solution on the forum, right?
    Out of the box, MX comes pre-installed with everything but the kitchen sink – which is handy for most users, that don’t have to install anything.
    antiX allows easy installation of most of the software that comes pre-installed with MX and is always lighter on system resources…

P.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by PPC.
    skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

any distribution that was discontinued and that abandoned you and left you “orphaned”?

When SalineOS folded, I migrated to LMDE 1 then onward, to antiX

Thunar [..] has some features that lack in SpaceFM

nope.
    The customizablilty of spaceFM “design mode” is unparalleled.
    Any sense of comparative “lack” is probably due to the fact that (for the benefit of folks who cannot be bothered to read the docs) MX pre-installs various Thunar CustomActions.

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

it has a costume dock

That’s it ~~ MX includes plenty of stuff catered for folks who enjoy spending their time “dressing their Barbie

A real quote, seen today:

MX forum topic, titled “Just sharing my thoughts”
    https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=60548&hilit=theme#p599305
    . . .
    My only real criticism so far would be, even though the KDE is a bit older of a version personally I still think it works fine and looks great after some simple tweaks. Only thing I couldn’t change was the package installer themeing for whatever reason. I put the theme into the /usr/share/theme/kvantum folder, but it doesn’t want to accept it. I have noticed compared to my manjaro partition is the notes widget working differently. I can write out a notes widget and shrink it down to icon size and then open it to a bigger readable size.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by skidoo.
    Dzhigit
    Helpful
    Up

MX does not claim to be systemd-free, unlike antiX. That is another reason why the projects differ and why the repos differ (antiX repos include eudev, elogind, there is no need for MX to include them so they don’t).
    Another plus is that antiX is probably the only Debian-based distro using eudev and not udev.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this doesn’t complicate having a unified repository, does it? Does antiX not already use Debian repositories and block systemd through /etc/apt/preferences.d/00systemd? Also, if a unified repository is not possible, what would prevent antiX and MX from taking the same approach they have taken with Debian, where the use each other’s repositories so they can have the other’s applications, but still keep their own?

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Koo wrote: MX is a great system but I feel it suits ex windows users, or someone that want every thing done for them.

I also believe that MX Linux makes it an easier transition from other proprietary systems, yet it does have many of the same (or very similar) tools.

While I probably won’t do this, I suspect that I could gut the entire set of applications and GUI interface and create something very similar to antiX with the MX Linux code. I probably won’t do it, but I maintain that it wouldn’t be too difficult. The only thing to be careful about would be to add light network manager software before tearing down the system. Putting Ceni on the system would be a very light, quick way to make sure that a working network manager is present. (Another option can replace it once the “experimenting is complete).

If this leads a tinkerer or an Uber geek to experiment, have fun! With any experiment, make sure that you have other options and take appropriate precautions with important data.

If I ever do this myself I will share my experience and findings.

Brian Masinick

Koo
    Helpful
    Up

Koo wrote: MX is a great system but I feel it suits ex windows users, or someone that want every thing done for them.

I also believe that MX Linux makes it an easier transition from other proprietary systems, yet it does have many of the same (or very similar) tools.

While I probably won’t do this, I suspect that I could gut the entire set of applications and GUI interface and create something very similar to antiX with the MX Linux code. I probably won’t do it, but I maintain that it wouldn’t be too difficult. The only thing to be careful about would be to add light network manager software before tearing down the system. Putting Ceni on the system would be a very light, quick way to make sure that a working network manager is present. (Another option can replace it once the “experimenting is complete).

If this leads a tinkerer or an Uber geek to experiment, have fun! With any experiment, make sure that you have other options and take appropriate precautions with important data.

If I ever do this myself I will share my experience and findings.

I don’t really see a need to do this as we have antiX, I like MX the way it is and I feel as you it helps people enter the Linux world.
    Their so many roads one can take once users have been using Linux for some time and get a used to how it works anyway.
    I use antiX full time just like the freedom it gives me and the way it works, and I can always find ways around things.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Koo.

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

@skidoo, dressed barbie is a nice metapher,
    makes me think of barbs on the underwear as far as our Antix full dresser is concerned, users are hooked on it very quickly.

Major changes, not at all. Background, sorry but the kids all groan when they see the standard desktop,
    nobody leaves it as delivered.
    Starters in the Autohide taskbar, Palemoon, Castrated firefox, Badwolf. Libreoffice, Notepad, Claws Mail,
    Masterpdf edit. Screenshot tool, File managers Rox and space, console, MPS You Tube, was laughed at at first,
    later loved. Mount Phone Button. Unmount devices button.
    Always Auto starting Claws and Palemoon on desktops 1 and 2. firefox defaults to 6.
    LO 7 has broken our setup of Calc desktop 3 and Writer 4. Still not found a way to fix that. (6 dsektops)

Network issues: standard of trashing broadcom cards has rid me of a lot of headeache for little cost. Spent
    hours troubleshooting before introducing that. User pays for card, cheap from e Bay, or no wifi support from me.
    Also have a couple of USB wifi adapters, one from CSL is very good for weak wifi problems as 2 ariels.

Want change to MX Style, I see no reason, no user clamouring for changes.

Maybe a few buttons in the task bar could be included in the full version, and perhaps as standard taskbar at bottom,
    i experimented with side or top and got some angry results. Autohide was very quickly the norm. desktop background is
    a matter of taste

Some very fast turnarounds from win 10 accompanied by diverse swear words proves which gets work done. antiX.
    I have used and helped to use many distros, this one is at the top of the best of the best.

PPC
    Helpful
    Up

Major changes, not at all. Background, sorry but the kids all groan when they see the standard desktop,
    nobody leaves it as delivered.
    Starters in the Autohide taskbar, Palemoon, Castrated firefox, Badwolf. Libreoffice, Notepad, Claws Mail,
    Masterpdf edit. Screenshot tool, File managers Rox and space, console, MPS You Tube, was laughed at at first,
    later loved. Mount Phone Button. Unmount devices button.
    Always Auto starting Claws and Palemoon on desktops 1 and 2. firefox defaults to 6.
    LO 7 has broken our setup of Calc desktop 3 and Writer 4. Still not found a way to fix that. (6 dsektops)

(…)

Maybe a few buttons in the task bar could be included in the full version, and perhaps as standard taskbar at bottom,
    i experimented with side or top and got some angry results. Autohide was very quickly the norm. desktop background is
    a matter of taste

Some very fast turnarounds from win 10 accompanied by diverse swear words proves which gets work done. antiX.
    I have used and helped to use many distros, this one is at the top of the best of the best.

I’m glad to see that the mount android device seems to be getting some use!

For a toolbar that has almost the same basic functionality as Win 10 you could add to your default Icewm toolbar a “search” icon ( that in my case runs drill search appimage- it’s as fast as it gets without indexing and also doubles as an app launcher- it’s a little over 1Mb in size, non RAM resident) and a visual task switcher ( skippy-xd- very small, non RAM resident package).
    If you want to “wane” the kids off W10 with a toolbar that looks and acts like the windows one, you can show your kids antiX, running Fluxbox, with a Tint2 toolbar (with a config file that resembles W10 layout)- using Tint2 is a very good idea that the MXFB team had. Making it “resemble” W10 toolbar is my idea- basicly I have a start menu, search, file browser, firefox, skippy-xd icons, the taskbar that shows icons of running apps (with full title and window previews, when you move the mouse pointer above the icons), system tray, clock, and an exit button- if you add the quick launch icons for all the stuff you want, you get all the goodness of antiX, almost all the goodness of Windows 10 toolbar, and 100% antiX’s speed (tint2 uses some 3 meg of RAM- and I figure that, if you want to win users to the Linux/antiX side of the fence, it’s a very nice way of helping new users adjust to non W10 OS’s… On antiX, I still prefere the IceWM toolbar, with my quick launch icons…

Which icons do you suggest to come out of the box with antiX’s toolbar?

P.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Which icons do you suggest to come out of the box with antiX’s toolbar?

PPC,

Eu costumo comentar todas as linhas, exceto uma linha “Remover dispositivo amovível”, ainda eu faço uma correção / alteração para “Remover dispositivo USB”, ou apenas substituo os arquivos: “barra de ferramentas” e “bandeja”;

#prog “Instalador de software” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/apps/packageinstaller.png su-to-root -X -c packageinstaller
    prog “Remover dispositivo amovível” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/devices/drive-removable-media-usb.png unplugdrive.sh
    #prog “Gerenciador de arquivos” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/apps/file-manager.png desktop-defaults-run -fm
    #prog “Gerenciador de arquivos como root” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/places/folder-red.png su-to-root -X -c rox
    #prog “Navegador da Web” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/apps/web-browser.png desktop-defaults-run -b

Eu prefiro saber o que o usuário final deseja ser incluído na barra de tarefas, aí eu o incluo, eu acho muito bom poder fazer isso através de arquivos de texto, já uma área de trabalho eu incluo todos os atalhos de navegadores, libreoffice, mtpaint , calculadora, editor de texto, outros que o usuário final preferir e o que falta é a lixeira (eu ainda não aprendi a incluir no antiX). Eu não acho bom deixar gerenciador de arquivos em modo root muito na frente de usuários iniciantes. No meu uso pessoal eu só mantenho o ícone para “Remover Dispositivo USB”.

Em breve, assim que eu conseguir cumprir as revisões e correções do idioma pt-Br do site https://www.transifex.com, eu pretendo postar no tópico do link https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/ colaborar e instalar pacotes de idioma /, como mudanças e correções mais recentes que eu fiz nos menus do antiX, pretendo ainda criar outro tópico na área do idioma Português, só espero que este fórum não bloqueie quando eu para anexar arquivos compactados, como ocorreram em várias vezes no tópico do link https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/apt-based-offline-repo-small-yad-bash-project/page/5/.

marcelocripe

————-

PPC,

Eu costumo comentar todas as linhas, exceto a linha “Remover dispositivo amovível”, ainda eu faço a correção/alteração para “Remover Dispositivo USB”, ou apenas substituo os arquivos: “toolbar” e “tray”;

#prog “Software Installer” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/apps/packageinstaller.png su-to-root -X -c packageinstaller
    prog “Remover dispositivo amovível” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/devices/drive-removable-media-usb.png unplugdrive.sh
    #prog “File Manager” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/apps/file-manager.png desktop-defaults-run -fm
    #prog “File Manager as root” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/places/folder-red.png su-to-root -X -c rox
    #prog “Web Browser” /usr/share/icons/papirus-antix/48×48/apps/web-browser.png desktop-defaults-run -b

Eu prefiro saber o que o usuário final deseja ser incluído na barra de tarefas, aí eu o incluo, eu acho muito bom poder fazer isso através de arquivos de texto, já a área de trabalho eu incluo todos os atalhos de navegadores, libreoffice, mtpaint, calculadora, editor de texto, outros que o usuário final preferir e o que falta é a lixeira (eu ainda não aprendi a incluir no antiX). Eu não acho bom deixar gerenciador de arquivos em modo root muito na frente de usuários iniciantes. No meu uso pessoal eu só mantenho o ícone para “Remover Dispositivo USB”.

Em breve, assim que eu conseguir concluir as revisões e correções do idioma pt-Br do site https://www.transifex.com, eu pretendo postar no tópico do link https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/colaborating-and-installing-language-packages/, as alterações e correções mais recentes que eu fiz nos menus do antiX, pretendo ainda criar outro tópico na área do idioma Português, só espero que este fórum não bloqueie quando eu for anexar arquivos compactados, como ocorreram em várias vezes no tópico do link https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/apt-based-offline-repo-small-yad-bash-project/page/5/.

marcelocripe

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

In case anyone reading this misses a comment that anticapitalista made elsewhere, we should also note that antiX does not use systemd in any system scheduling activities (unless the USER modifies this). MX Linux, on the other hand does permit and include systemd in some instances.
    In addition to MX Linux having a desktop orientation, while antiX uses light weight, resource conserving tools and applications, the differences in job scheduling are cultural differences that can be seen in several places, including Debian,

antiX, along with Debian derivative (spin-off) Devuan, deliberately and conscientiously avoid the use of systemd, whereas Debian always uses systemd (by default), though Debian allows you to choose which scheduler(s) you want to interact with.

Lest anyone still thinks it’s a good idea to “merge” distributions that have deep cultural differences, just know that there were “wars” and “splits” over this very issue several years ago. While the antiX and MX Linux communities are generally pretty civilized, something like this could “potentially” touch off difficulties that may take a while to peacefully resolve, so while I continue to both RECOMMEND and USE both MX Linux and antiX (Debian too), I’d never recommend merging any of them together; friendly “cooperation”, sharing useful work is what software freedom is about; when it comes to distributions, there are HUNDREDS of them out there in order that anyone and everyone can express their individuality and their personal preferences. I like it that way myself and I’ve used well over 100 distributions over the past twenty+ years, probably closer to 200+.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.