“Super Bowl” – entertainment and commercials

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio “Super Bowl” – entertainment and commercials

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Feb 11-11:25 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick

In the USA the Super Bowl probably represents more opportunity than any other event for advertisers and entertainers to produce content and commercials. Many of them are as popular, or more so, than the National Football League Super Bowl game itself.

If any of you are familiar with any of them and have been “entertained” or interested by them in any way, feel free to share your favorite game or entertainment reference link. If you surround the HTML with the link reference it will conserve space on our site by limiting the images and videos to be searched through the link, rather than in consuming image or video space by embedding them here.

For example, here is a link:

http://superadsdb.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=best%20super%20bowl%20commercials&utm_campaign=SB+Ads+Best+Worst+Main

--
      Brian Masinick

andyprough

I clicked on your link, the Will Ferrell commercial about driving the electric vehicle to Norway was pretty funny. Even though electric vehicles are just another way for the global oil/energy megacorps and the centralized globalist bankocrats to gaslight the plebs while still destroying the environment – regardless of that fact, and the fact that Will Ferrell doesn’t have legitimate comic skills, the commercial did make me chuckle.

Brian Masinick

My wife is the one who really laughs at many of the commercials, especially the ones that require a bit of “pop culture” to really understand them.

As far as the game itself, I was ready to “move on” from seeing Tom Brady and several other players who had been in many of the games. I figured that the “new regime” of players and quarterbacks was ready to dominate in years to come, so I was hoping that either Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers would get a chance to pick up one more ring. Alas, TB 12 and the Bucs did it and Brady got ring #7 and the Bucs won for the second time in the past twenty years.

A lot of the commercials really have become “classics”. It turns out that many of the creative commercials got their origins from the late 1970s when the Pittsburgh Steelers and Terry Bradshaw dominated the game. There was a defender named “mean Joe Greene”, who was a popular figure in the advertisements at that time. Because of the success of those ads, ever since then, Super Bowl advertisements have become the most popular of all television advertisements. To this day, Terry Bradshaw is a popular figure, both as a football game analyst and as a comedian in a TV show featuring members of his family and the silly things they do.

Because these people took notice of the attention paid to the advertising and humor of the day, it has multiplied in the decades since then.

--
          Brian Masinick

rayluo

The T-Mobile AD ranks #69 in that SuperAdsDb.com ranking. Their another AD featuring TB & Gronk is not qualified for such ranking, but if it were, it would probably end up at a higher position. Much higher. http://youtu.be/5L6juLUkwuw

Brian Masinick

The T-Mobile AD ranks #69 in that SuperAdsDb.com ranking. Their another AD featuring TB & Gronk is not qualified for such ranking, but if it were, it would probably end up at a higher position. Much higher. http://youtu.be/5L6juLUkwuw

Too bad that the Sports writers and audience voted Brady as the MVP. To me, if it HAD to be an offensive player, the appropriate choices in my mind would have either been #87 Gronkowski – TWO Gronked Touchdowns, but more importantly, phenomenal run and pass blocking. Alternate on offense, RB #28, Leonard Fornette, who ran effectively given the GREAT Gronk blocking, especially inside or just outside right tackle and tight end.

But the truth is that it was the defensive pressure that made it impossible for Chiefs PM #15 to allow #10 Tyreek Hill to run halfway across the field and downfield because there was too much pressure up the middle from the line and from the linebackers. Ideally one of the linebackers should have been the MVP; the Bucs line and linebackers were excellent and deserved a lot more credit than Brady for the win.

Regarding the AD suggesting that some “unclear” network caused Brady and Gronk to reunite in Tampa Bay, clever, but some of the classic ads are the humorous ones. Anheiser Busch always has good ads too.

--
              Brian Masinick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.