Support for antiX-19 from 01.07.2024

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Apr 15-9:35 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    delix02

Debian stops the “standard” support for Buster at this date. Is there already a decission how it is going on with antiX-19 ? I read it should be supported until 2025. Is it possible to use the extended release of Debian from this date on ?

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by delix02.
      Forum Admin
      rokytnji

Do you have to change repos to use the extended release?

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
        Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
        How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

delix02

Don”t know. On the Debian site is a statement saying the move to an ESR version is just a move of the responsibility to another team. However, today I tried to update an antiX19 machine and synaptic didn”t work as “there is no Release file in the repo any longer”. So, the command apt-get didn’t work either. Actually, it is possible to run “apt-get -u dist-upgrade”, so it is not a problem. The questions is: are there any plans to change the way the migration to ESR is done ?

Forum Admin
          rokytnji

Well. I tried.

debian bullseye esr repo antiX linux site:www.antixforum.com

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
            I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
            Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
            How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Brian Masinick

Debian stops the “standard” support for Buster at this date. Is there already a decission how it is going on with antiX-19 ? I read it should be supported until 2025. Is it possible to use the extended release of Debian from this date on ?

I took a look at the Debian Release Names site. Debian 10 was Buster, and it is now oldoldstable; Debian 11 was Bullseys, and it is now oldstable.

From the standpoint of “regular support”, https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Extended – “Extended Long Term Support

Extended Long Term Support (ELTS) is a commercial offering to further extend the lifetime of Debian releases to 10 years (i.e. 5 supplementary years after the 5 years offered by the LTS project). It is not an official Debian project. Debian’s infrastructure and other Debian resources are not involved.

The project is managed by Freexian. Their customers decide the scope of supported packages but updates and security fixes will be available for all Debian users without cost.

The current ELTS releases are Debian 8 “Jessie” and Debian 9 “Stretch”. Detailed information about the service, including how to obtain updates can be found on Freexian’s Extended LTS page of their website. ”

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

“Debian Long Term Support

Debian Long Term Support (LTS) is a project to extend the lifetime of all Debian stable releases to (at least) 5 years. Debian LTS is not handled by the Debian Security team, but by a separate group of volunteers and companies interested in making it a success.
              Thus the Debian LTS team takes over security maintenance of the various releases once the Debian Security team stops its work. ”

--
              Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Buster LTS is supported from August 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2024. https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/Buster

--
                Brian Masinick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.