Suspend Broken after Recent Update

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-23 “Arditi del Popolo Suspend Broken after Recent Update

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jun 4-11:27 pm by abc-nix.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    techwiz001

Hello,
      I love using antiX-23 on my 2009 MacBook Pro (Core 2 Duo, GeForce 9400M).
      However, after a recent update, Suspend no longer works. After selecting the menu button, the screen turns off but the keyboard backlight and CPU fan stay on. I don’t see anything amiss in dmesg, but have attached two screenshots showing a full suspend-resume cycle in case it is helpful.
      Any insight is appreciated, I’m quite new to diagnosing suspend issues!!

Thank you for your help.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by techwiz001. Reason: Add screenshot showing beginning of suspend-wake cycle logs
      abc-nix

Did you see elogind being installed after updating? If you don’t need it, remove it. If you do, then wait. I will send anticapitalista an updated package source with the fix later today. It will take time to get to the repos and propagate through the mirrors.

techwiz001

Oh, that’s great to know that it’s not something I misconfigured!
          Will await the propagation of the update. Appreciate your work on the software, have a wonderful day!

abc-nix

Please check first that the elogind package is installed and to blame.
            apt policy elogind

If not installed, then troubleshooting is required. Check for the acpid and acpi-support versions and share here.
            apt policy acpid acpi-support

techwiz001

Sorry for the delay, I was away from the system for a while.
              elogind is installed, and I updated it today to version 255.5-2.0antix1. That did not fix the issue.

The acpid version is 1:2.0.33-2+b1.
              The acpi-support version is 0.143-5.1.0antix1.

Thank you again for looking into this.

abc-nix

@techwiz001, check the /etc/elogind folder. If it contains a sleep.conf.d folder, check the file inside it. If it doesn’t, and contains a sleep.conf file, check the file inside it. If not already in any of the files, add this line:
                SuspendMode=deep s2idle
                You need to edit the file as root.

Once saved, reboot and test if suspend works properly from the menu.

If it doesn’t, we will try to debug it slowly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.