synergy where to add command to AntiX on startup?

Forum Forums General Software synergy where to add command to AntiX on startup?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Aug 27-10:54 am by BobC.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I will be interacting with a couple of PCs on my local network: win7 and Linux Boxen. Where would I put the synergy command for startup in AntiX?

• This topic was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by serenity.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

What do you mean? What is this synergy command you talk about?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

For all users

$ locate startup
    /etc/X11/Xsession.d/50x11-common_determine-startup
    /etc/desktop-session/startup
    /etc/skel/.desktop-session/startup
    /etc/skel/.fluxbox/startup
    /etc/skel/.icewm/startup
    /etc/skel/.jwm/startup

In home. They are hidden files for each user labled the same .
    or poke around in antix control center and look for Session > Globetop Serssion.

I’d answer Anti’s Question first though.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Never got an email that there was a response. Not in spam either. So today I decided to find out where my emails are located in forum. Someone answered and I found my post.

The command is: synergyc.

I figured it out pretty much. I had to download synergy from an external source. The version that was in package list via synaptic was not compatible. I am talking to win 7.

I am not completelty up yet since I intend to use AntiX 19.

Thanks,
    serentiy

Thanks for list. I tested using ~/.icewm/startup it worked except that if I want prelogin I have to add more code to start synergy which may involve start synergy kill synergy after login and start synergy again. Forgot the exact reasoning for this. Short on time lately so if necessary I will use a separate keyboard to login and the use the master keyboard for rest of session where I can use my maus to move from monitor to monitor.

Does /etc/skel/… have global prority unless overriden by user in /home/…. ? Seems to be implication.

Thanks,
    serenity

When you post, there is a checkbox that says “Notify me of follow-up replies via email” at the bottom that you need to check or you won’t get an email…

There is also a “Subscribe” link at the top of the thread that does the same thing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.