T42 at the end of life? No Wifi recog during live DVD view

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions T42 at the end of life? No Wifi recog during live DVD view

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Feb 27-11:19 pm by caprea.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

I have an old T42 with my fav keyboard (when IBM still owned Thinkpads) that I’m thinking is at the end of life, sadly.

I brought up the liveDVD for antiX and there was no Network gui. I ran “service” and it only recognized the 2 ethernet ports. I tried plugging in an external WiFi that I know works with Linux and it didn’t recognize it after a reboot. I tried to start networking and it failed…

FWIW, LUbuntu recognized my old WIFI integrated card. Still, antiX should have at least seen my external WiFi…

Why was the network manager GUI missing off the liveDVD bootup?

Kim

capreacaprea

antiX doesn’t come with network-manager pre-installed. It can be installed later, though.
    But there is ceni and wicd.
    https://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/docs-antiX-17/FAQ/net.html
    If you prefer wicd which has a normal GUI over ceni then you must enable it at the live boot menu by pressing F4 and chose wicd

Thanks, up and running, now. Should have looked at the docs; my bad. Reading so much online you forget what you have and haven’t looked at…

capreacaprea

Nice to see it working out fine. I have a Lenovo T60 on which antiX runs really well.
    So welcome !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.