Themes: Adwaita-darkred (GTK2/3) and FX-darkred (IceWM)

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics Themes: Adwaita-darkred (GTK2/3) and FX-darkred (IceWM)

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated May 27-4:52 pm by blur13.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    anti-apXos

Adwaita-darkred is my custom modification of the GTK2/3 Adwaita-dark theme with red highlights instead of blue and reddish/warm greys instead of blueish/cold.

It also has full black application backgrounds. This might occasionally cause problems if applications hardcode black text instead of using the GTK fg color. The only example I’ve come across so far is the messages window in Transmission, though.

On the other hand, I’ve also fixed a problem in the original Adwaita-dark that made the focus outline on buttons or other selectable items invisible. This makes Adwaita-dark pretty much unusable with some applications, including rox-filer, but with Adwaita-darkred they should be good again.

FX-darkred is a modification of the FX-dark IceWm theme, which I think was made by PPC and based in turn on a theme called BlueIce by missTell. It color matches Adwaita-darkred and also includes a couple other little tweaks like a new start button and some fancified window decoration buttons.

If you’re a Geany user, I suggest also using skidoo’s blk-vibe color scheme, which comes pre-installed with antiX.

To install these themes, just unzip Adwaita-darkred to /usr/share/themes/ and FX-darkred to /usr/share/icewm/themes/. FX-darkred can also be put in ~/.icewm/themes/, if you prefer, and supposedly Adwaita-darkred can be put in ~/.themes/, but I get some issues with certain assets not loading correctly when I try to put it there, so I suggest the /usr/share/themes/ location.

Enjoy!

blur13

This is very good! Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.