Tip: easily add quick launchers to the desktop using zzzfm

Forum Forums General Tips and Tricks Tip: easily add quick launchers to the desktop using zzzfm

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated Mar 22-4:10 pm by PPC.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    PPC

Over at https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/10-things-to-do-after-installing-antix-23-1/#post-137191 I talked about how to enable the option that, when users right click on the zzzfm desktop, shows a “regular contextual menu”, and not the “antix menu”… Today, by chance, I found out how to easily add quick launchers to the desktop using just that contextual menu:
      – if you haven’t done so, disable the zzzfm option that displays the WM menu when you right click the desktop
      – right click any empty space in the desktop > “New” > Click the last option of the submenu (that starts with “+”) > select any application you want, in the alphabetical list that is presented > Click “Ok”

Hum… I’ve been using zzzfm since it was being tested, I helped translate it, but since I rarely use desktop icons, I never noticed that option. It’s a good replacement for dragging and dropping application icons to the desktop, maybe even more intuitive… Perhaps a good tip, for new users coming from Windows, that love desktop icons and don’t know how to add them to the desktop…

P.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by PPC.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.