Toolbar Icon Manager for Icewm – altered version

Forum Forums antiX-development Development Toolbar Icon Manager for Icewm – altered version

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Sep 6-4:54 pm by anticapitalista.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PPC

Hi! Marcelocripe called to my attention that TIM did not show descriptions in languages identified by more than 2 letters (like pt_BR)…
    I altered the current TIM version to try to solve this (lines 22…)

Test version available in: https://gitlab.com/antix-contribs/antix-goodies/-/blob/master/icewm-toolbar-icon-manager-2021.sh

I tested it in several languages, in a VM and it seems to work… If this pans out, the changes should be incorporated in the current TIM version…

P.

Robin
    Helpful
    Up

Great job, PPC. I’ve glanced into it and I’m sure this should work fine. Thank you very much for your tireless work. And also many thanks to Marcelo for scenting out this bug. I believe this fix is fine and can simply get merged into TIM now.

Robin

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

whoops posted to wrong thread.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hello PPC,

Thanks for reviewing the IceWM Toolbar Icon Manager code.

I tested it last night but it was too late so I couldn’t post in this thread.

The tests I did were on antiX 19.2 Full 64 bits (installed), antiX 19.4 Full 32 bits kernel 4.9.0-264 (via USB Executable/Live USB), antiX 21 b2 runit Full 64 bits kernel 5.10.57 (via USB Executable/Live USB). In all tests, the texts displayed in the list are the texts that are in the pt_BR line of the .desktop files. I have successfully added, moved and removed icons. The program is perfect! And now it “sees” 4-letter languages.

Note: This topic addresses the topic https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/toolbar-icon-manager-list-for-icewm-is-not-located-for-pt-br/.

Thank you very much.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

– – – – –

Olá PPC,

Obrigado por revisar o código do Gerenciador de Ícones da Barra de Ferramentas do IceWM.

Eu testei ontem à noite, mas já estava bem tarde e por isso eu não consegui postar neste tópico.

O testes que eu fiz foram no antiX 19.2 Full 64 bits (instalado), antiX 19.4 Full 32 bits kernel 4.9.0-264 (via USB Executável/Live USB), antiX 21 b2 runit Full 64 bits kernel 5.10.57 (via USB Executável/Live USB). Em todos os testes, os textos exibidos na lista são os textos que estão na linha pt_BR dos arquivos .desktop. Eu adicionei, movi e removi os ícones com sucesso. O programa está perfeito! E agora “enxerga” idiomas de 4 letras.

Observação: Este tópico soluciona o tópico https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/toolbar-icon-manager-list-for-icewm-is-not-located-for-pt-br/.

Muito obrigado.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks PPC – next update of antix-goodies will have the fix.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.