toram with persistant all or root (removing and reconnecting USB stick)??)

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions toram with persistant all or root (removing and reconnecting USB stick)??)

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated Nov 1-10:39 am by Danathar.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello All!

I tried to get what I need working, but I’m sorta wondering if what I want is even possible.

Here is my use case…

I want to boot AntiX into ram entirely using toram on options in addition to “persistent all”. Boot up, do my thing…but lets say I’m running a long term CPU job and need to leave for the weekend…but I want to take my stick with me (so the stick gets yanked but AntiX keeps on running since it’s running out of RAM).

When I come back I put the USB stick and it mounts it. I go to reboot or save my persistent changes but I get an error about how the old mount that was the stick before I left can’t be used. Error is – /dev/sdc1 is not a device or file

Is it possible to use persistence all with toram, pull the stick..make changes then put the stick back in and write the changes to the stick before shutting down or rebooting?

thanks!

BTW..I’m using a kingston 64GB USB 3 pen drive.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Danathar.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Danathar.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.