Translations in packages

Forum Forums antiX-development Translations Translations in packages

• This topic has 16 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Sep 23-5:00 pm by Xecure.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

anticapitalista wrote
    There will be no Welcome Screen though.

As stated by @anticapitalista in the other thread, there will not be a welcome screen. If the “antiX-programs-l10n-<language-code>” method is used for the translation of all antiX programs, where would this information/user guidance be inserted?
    A .desktop file on the desktop?

Translate antiX.desktop
    or
    Locations for antiX.desktop

And a GUI would open through this .desktop file and inform which program(s) have translation available for the language running in antiX?

– – – – –

Conforme foi afirmado pelo @anticapitalista no outro tópico, não haverá uma tela de boas-vindas. Caso seja utilizado o método “antiX-programs-l10n-<language-code>” para a tradução de todo os programas do antiX, onde seria inserido esta informação/orientação ao usuário?
    Um arquivo .desktop na área de trabalho?

Traduzir o antiX.desktop
    ou
    Localizações para o antiX.desktop

E uma GUI seria aberta por meio deste arquivo .desktop e informaria qual ou quais programas possuem tradução disponível para o idioma em execução no antiX?

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

If the “antiX-programs-l10n-<language-code>” method is used for the translation of all antiX programs, where would this information/user guidance be inserted?

I think this needs to be pondered by anticapitalista and the devs. I set up a simple framework to make it easier to create these packages and transition to them in the future, but I think it is more pressing to have an easy way to switch languages on a running session, giving the option to install localized packages (taking advantage of PPC’s work), switch the menus to the correct locale, and let the user remove the other locales (if they wish so). I am working on this with a YAD interface right now (not the best, but taking advantage of what is already installed by default), and once I have something working properly I will publish it here.

At the moment, translations >=80% are included in the vast majority of packages

Then, if this is the current state, I think it is the best option to continue with this right now.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.