installed caja file manager… now, trouble with Computer & Trash links

Forum Forums General Software installed caja file manager… now, trouble with Computer & Trash links

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Oct 30-11:40 pm by bullfrog.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

trouble with links for Computer and Trash not sure but here is the message i get “could not display “computer:///”. caja cannot handle computer locations” the one for Trash is simular. anyone else having this issue or know what I can do to fix it?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by skidoo.
    Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracledolphin_oracle

those functions are provided by gvfs and gvfs-backends, which are not installed on antiX by default. You can add them though.

both of those are installed on my system. i have tried install antiX-17 on two different laptops and it is the same problem with both and also just found out that i can not access a usb drive when plugged in.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by bullfrog.
    Forum Admin
    DaveDave

It would probably help to know which file manager? Rox, Spacefm, or another? As the way things get handled and any instructions given would be quite different depending on which one is being used.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

It’s a mate desktop install from core 17

ok installed antix 17 base then added mate thru the meta package installer and i still have issues with the link to computer and trash. so far the research i did on the internet has not been fruitful one suggestion kept me from being able to login to the desktop was able to fix that but nothing has helped still looking for any ideas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.