Trying out to make antiX totally free

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Trying out to make antiX totally free

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated Nov 23-4:15 pm by anticapitalista.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi, as i said in my presentation, i appreciate the freedom and this includes the freedom of which init i want to use, i tried antiX because i want to have the current Debian 9 without SystemD but i can’t ignore that antiX has a lot of non-free software enabled by default, this is not the best for me but the installer gives the choice to enable/disable the repos before installing, so i disabled main in the antiX apt file (i saw flash and this is non-free software), contrib and non-free from Debian apt files, and then i can start to install a 100% free antiX without SystemD.

I choosed netinstaller in order to install only the things i want to install, base system installation it’s quick, then i continued installing xorg, xfce, lightdm, and i change to OpenRC. After the reboot the graphic system started well, i had to install policykit, udisks and pm-utils to have the power buttons, no problem. I had to add a line in fstab for /dev/sr0 and create the place to mount the cd and then the cd mounts well, but i don’t know if i did this step well or if i have to do it in another way, do you have some idea?

PD: How can i change time and date settings in this forum?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by elc79.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Easiest way to make antiX ‘totally free’ is to rem0ve the contrib and non-free entries in /etc/apt/sources.d/debian.list.
    Then type vrms and remove all those apps it shows.

Of course, you will also need to install a libre kernel.

BTW – antiX-16 shipped with a libre net install with contrib and non-free entries removed, but people complained about it not being sic ‘free’

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by anticapitalista.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.