[solved] Two accounts apparently in quantic intrication. Not pleasant.

Forum Forums Administration Site Help [solved] Two accounts apparently in quantic intrication. Not pleasant.

• This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Oct 18-8:42 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tamix

Hello Brian,

I sent this message below to contact-us by means of a form, yesterday in the afternoon. Until now nobody has replied or fixed the issue.

Yes, the issue leaves me rather uncomfortable: for instance it might give any honorable admin or webmaster the wrong idea that I am permanently connected to the antiX forum which is not the case at all. Well I happen to shutdown my computer every evening, and I also happen to go to sleep every night – like every human being, I suppose.

Of course, in no way I will post the 5 mentioned screenshots into the thread here: two usernames plus an e-mail@ are quite visible. But I can send it by e-mail if you ask for them. Only if I receive a relevant e-mail@.

Here below is the copy of the message, for your information. Thank you for forwarding it once for all and for a fix asap.

Saturday October 7, 2023
      Hello,
      Since friday 6th of October, I have been observing that whenever I log in into https://www.antixforum.com/forum-login/, my own account/infos strangely interfere with another account I do not know of: peregrine.
      At each login the Forum Login page displays: "You are already logged in." even when I was logged off just before that login.
      This account 'peregrine' - as far as I can see it - has a role of Keymaster in the forum (antiX?) identified as being managed through WordPress.
      My hypothesis: may be a keymaster has logged into my account to correct something and forgot to log out properly. In fact I do not know what is (was) going on.
      Thank you for fixing this connection bug which keeps leaving me rather uncomfortable.
      I shot the context in 5 window images on which the intereferences between the 2 accounts are quite visible. If you want further information, I can send you the 5 screenshots by means of an e-mail address you would send me:
      - screenshot-1-forum-login.jpg
      - screenshot-2-forum-login.jpg
      - screenshot-3-author-peregrine.jpg
      - screenshot-4-users-peregrine.jpg
      - screenshot-5-contact-us.jpg
      Sincerely,
      tamix

They call me anartista.
      « If the users don't control the program, the program controls the users. » - rms

Forum Admin
      anticapitalista

I get the same

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

tamix

I get the same

Maybe you are my quantic alter ego as I am your quantic alter ego. Who knows?

« Es ist an der Zeit. », as Goethe used to repeat in his wonderful tale “Das Mãrchen”.

Cheers,
          tamix

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by tamix.

They call me anartista.
          « If the users don't control the program, the program controls the users. » - rms

Karo

Me too.

Since english is not my native language and my knowledge is too poor to represent complex things I use a translator.
            These are known not to be perfect. If you translate one of my posts from german to english into other languages, the result will be worse and worse. Therefore, I post in both english and german, so that non english speaking users can have the german text translated directly into their language.

tamix

Nothing has changed since yesterday.

I feel that a few of us are building a little community step after step, unknowingly. I propose to call it QSC. Quantix Social Club. Considering its name, the Club will likely be open for a very limited length of time.

Any suggestion for renaming the Club is welcome. Open bar.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by tamix.

They call me anartista.

Forum Admin
              anticapitalista

I have been informed that this has been fixed.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

PPC

I have been informed that this has been fixed.

I can confirm that. The login page still shows username and password fields both on the right and on the left, but it no longer says “peregrine”…

P.

tamix

Thank you.

I cannot edit the topic. Consider it [solved].

They call me anartista.

Brian Masinick

Thank you.

I cannot edit the topic. Consider it [solved].

Sorry, I’ve had several things going on. Back when you reported your issue
                      I had some family matters, and though I saw your post when it first was
                      written, because of the matters I completely forgot about it.

Later I was able to work with our administrator on two things – the
                      unexpected name on the right side along with the misleading comment
                      about being logged in.

Once that was taken care of we also took care of duplicated login
                      dialogs, so in the end we finished up at least three minor display
                      issues. Sorry for these inconveniences. A couple of weeks ago
                      the Web administrator and I worked on a server upgrade, followed
                      by two experiments with search engines. When we finally selected
                      the desired search engine, both of us had stuff going on and we
                      unintentionally failed to clean up our work; that’s since been
                      corrected.

As we fixed the remaining cosmetics we also tested our work to
                      ensure that we didn’t break anything. I think both the search
                      and the forum software are working great, but do let me know
                      if anything is wrong. We think this is the best forum software
                      and new server hardware we could come up with at a reasonable
                      initial price. Hope you agree!

--
                      Brian Masinick

tamix

@Brian nice to see you. I hope you are doing well.

Please do not worry. You are very kind to give essentially your time to maintain the antiX forum stable and user-friendly. I can see the way you feel personally involved, the way you steadily monitor this forum is highly appreciated by all of us. Kudos!

Yesterday you also gave some explanations of yours which are quite understandable. Sure, administration issues are often a tough task. On my side I was glad to get positive news given by anticapitalista and PPC about the fixed issue. I expressed myself perhaps too briefly. Everything works smoothly now. And I agree with you.

As a matter of fact I also realized that I wrote the initial thread’s topic in a hurry and fell in a trap: I used the bad transcription [in quantic intrication] instead of the correct translation in English: in quantum entanglement. The same with [quantic alter ego] instead of quantum alter ego, etc. The “quantum” context was a way to humorously mean that two persons had been logging in the same account and at the same time while only a single person should have been logged.

After saying that I’d be glad if you could rectify the topic in that sense, Brian. Just a matter of correct language. It is up to you…

I’ll also seize the opportunity that you put me in the picture about forms sent from contact-us where one leaves one’s e-mail address for reply. Who is supposed to reply usually? Someone from antiX or the web site? I’m just asking by curiosity.

Greetings.

P.S. I can see you will be off for a while today. No problem, I’ll be waiting if you don’t mind.

They call me anartista.

Brian Masinick

No worries @tamix. Also, there is no evidence of any malice or anything other than a delay on our part to finalize the remaining changes in the forum.
                          Just about everything is in great shape now.

The only caution I want to share so everyone can see is that the anti spam software that is used to protect our site is a bit “over cautious”, not allowing certain formats when we attempt to add attachments to the posts. I’m not sure if there is anything we can do in this regard, but perhaps a task for further investigation is to see if we can add a few more “acceptable formats” for attachments so that the forum software doesn’t reject them.

Meanwhile, please, if anyone gets an attachment rejected, hold off for a while, look around the forum for those who have successfully added attachments, and if necessary, rename the suffix in the name of your document and ask anyone who may use it to rename it back to the original format; that’s a common way to get around attachment blocking programs; just don’t use it maliciously of course because the same anti spam software is pretty good at sniffing and finding bad stuff and flat out refusing to allow it. As I indicated, this is something that we may be able to “fine tune”, but that’s not a top priority; IF we can improve it, in time we most certainly WILL do so; thanks for your understanding and your kind patience!

Best wishes to all!

--
                          Brian Masinick

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.