[SOLVED] Unable to get conky to autostart on bootup on an antiXcore-LXDE setup

Forum Forums General Software [SOLVED] Unable to get conky to autostart on bootup on an antiXcore-LXDE setup

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Feb 7-9:45 am by mikey777.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I downloaded conky-all and can get it to show on the Desktop, when I type ‘conky’ in terminal.
    However, I don’t know how to get it show automatically on the Desktop, following boot-up.

The Desktop Session Settings gui appears to have only a limited choice of applications that start at bootup (see attachment). How could I include conky-all in this list ?

I also looked in the file /home/mike/.conkyrc, but couldn’t find any clues there for an ‘autostart’ setting for the conky-all gui.

If you can share any ideas on how to autostart the conky-all gui on boot-up that would be great – thankyou in advance for any help with this.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by mikey777.
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by mikey777.
    Attachments:
    KooKoo

With v 17 antiX

Open antiX Control Centre > Session > User Desktop-Session > desktop-session.conf (scroll down to about line 74 LOAD_CONKY=”true”) save logout log back in.

MX-19 4.19.0-6-amd6 (i3) : Debian-10 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 (i3) : anitX-19 runit (5.3.14-antix.1-amd64-smp) (i3)
    2 Laps T430 17.2 X220 17.4

malemale

The LXDE desktop has a few special features for this task. That’s why I solved it this way:

1. create an autostart script in your /home
    e.g. $ touch / home/mikey777/autostart-lxde.sh
    and make it executable

This has the advantage that you can enter all applications here (conky; grellm etc.)

2. create a “desktop configuration file” in the hidden directory / home/mikey777/.config/autostart
    (if not available, create it)/ LXDE_Autostart.desktop

with this content, as shown in the picture.
    After a new login, all applications entered in the autostartscript are started.

Male is the capital of the Maldives and its wonderful people.

@male
    Thankyou for the fix, really appreciated 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.