ungoogled chromium for windows

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio ungoogled chromium for windows

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated Apr 12-12:51 am by calciumsodium.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    calciumsodium

This is just a follow up to the great tips from @Moddit about ungoogled chromium in linux.

For those that use Windows in a dual boot mode along with antiX, I found out an easy way to install and update ungoogled chromium in Windows. Ungoogled chromium would be an alternative to Chrome and Edge in windows. I have tested it and works good for me.

In command line (cmd.exe), to install just type:
    winget install -e eloston.ungoogled-chromium

To update, in command line type:
    winget upgrade -e eloston.ungoogled-chromium

Because of the way that ungoogled chromium works, you have to manually install ublock origin, similar to that in ungoogled chromium in linux.

To disable telemetry:

Type chrome://flags/ into the address bar.
        Find and adjust these settings accordingly:
            Set Anonymize local IPs exposed by WebRTC to enabled (helps keep WebRTC from leaking your private IP address everywhere)
            Set Disable search engine collection to enabled
            IF JAVASCRIPT IS ENABLED: Set getClientRects() fingerprint deception to enabled (this makes fingerprinting your system/browser harder)
            IF JAVASCRIPT IS ENABLED: Set Canvas::measureText() fingerprint deception to enabled
            IF JAVASCRIPT IS ENABLED: Set Canvas image data fingerprint deception to enabled
        Make sure to re-launch the browser for these changes to take effect

I found these instructions from:
    https://avoidthehack.com/how-to-install-configure-ungoogled-chromium

Hope this information is useful to someone.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by calciumsodium.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.