Untapped (Little Tapped) potential of antiX

Forum Forums General Tips and Tricks Untapped (Little Tapped) potential of antiX

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Jul 16-8:47 am by olsztyn.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Once I have configured a perfect (perfect for me, of course) antiX system, with aesthetic desktop and all important for me functionality working, such as SMB networking, bluetooth, bit fidelity sound, office, firewall, encryption, etc., I am trying to tap into additional potential of antiX, which may not be standing out as mainstream use.
    A few of powerful (IMHO) capabilities that are beyond typical use:
    – Capable discovery of other bootloaders (whether Linux systems or Windows) and booting into those systems from antiX Live instance. In addition to discovery of bootloaders, such capability of antiX is extended to discovery of grub menus, which could be a superset of bootloaders. Very useful.
    – Capability of multiple installs of Frugal systems and selecting which to boot from Grub menu, whether an installed Grub or antiX Live. There are several ways of addressing Frugals – with or without installed antiX.

Having tapped into the above, can someone please suggest other useful capabilities of antiX that can be tapped into?
    Thanks in advance for ideas…

Looking for a project are you? 🙂

How about an antiX cluster?

Seeing how many of us antiX users may have a pile of gear around on which it runs, maybe put them all to use in a cluster formation and see how much horsepower that brings to the party. Kind of like how the Raspberry Pi guys will buy 10 of the boards, and configure them as a cluster.

Just a thought …

Thanks! This would be going way beyond the scope I had in mind and I applaud your vision!
    Raspberry Pi cluster sounds interesting… I think you mentioned before that TinyCore PI version exists, optimized for it?
    I have been away from Tiny Core for some time…

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

Older gear I turn into Jukeboxes with a file manager and mocp. Fill the file manager with mp3 and .pls urls. Default player. XMMS or mocp.
    Hook up the computer to a external amp with one of these.

[/url]

Then load the rest with pdf and manual pages and books. They are loaner boxes also when folks show up.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

I guess I could if I wanna set up another older box .

Fill the file manager with free dos games.
    Install whatever games from synaptic that the older gear can handle also.

Make the defualt run action on the dos games dosbox.
    Instant arcade box.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Older gear I turn into Jukeboxes with a file manager and mocp. Fill the file manager with mp3 and .pls urls. Default player. XMMS or mocp.
    Hook up the computer to a external amp with one of these.

I had done this too, turning one of old laptops into music player after tweaking sound parameters to get high quality sound.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.