update command broke my source list somehow

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions update command broke my source list somehow

• This topic has 23 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Aug 29-8:46 am by ile.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hi here’s the result of inxi -vr :-

Repos:
    Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/antix.list
    1: deb https://mirrors.ukfast.co.uk/sites/MX_antiX_packages/antix/buster/ buster main nonfree
    2: deb-src https://mirrors.ukfast.co.uk/sites/MX_antiX_packages/antix/buster/ buster main nonfree
    Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian-stable-updates.list
    1: deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main contrib non-free
    Active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.list
    1: deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ buster main contrib non-free
    2: deb http://security.debian.org/ buster/updates main contrib non-free
    No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/onion.list
    No active apt repos in: /etc/apt/sources.list.d/various.list

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Sources seem fine to me if you re using antiX-19-beta

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Hi just noticed in the boot up code at the very beginning something about could not open policy :- policy code 31
    I’m absolutely sure i would have spotted it straight away after upgrading the software last week but its appeared from nowhere just out of the blue.
    Is it a device not starting up?

Another problem — Just ran the commands for update and upgrade. Then went into Synaptic package manager randomly ticking a new package for installation. It seems to be working but i find the selection boxes still have a white cross on them with a brown background. These boxes still look corrupted.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by md4.
    XecureXecure

Hi just noticed in the boot up code at the very beginning something about could not open policy :- policy code 31
    I’m absolutely sure i would have spotted it straight away after upgrading the software last week but its appeared from nowhere just out of the blue.
    Is it a device not starting up?

Another problem — Just ran the commands for update and upgrade. Then went into Synaptic package manager randomly ticking a new package for installation. It seems to be working but i find the selection boxes still have a white cross on them with a brown background. These boxes still look corrupted.

Please, accompany the post with screenshots so we can better understand the problem.

Hi have tried sudo synaptic and noticed the dbind warning : (synaptic:2955): dbind-WARNING **: 09:35:47.289: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
    The result of the Antixscreen shot : File extension has changed. Please try again.
    A few seconds after i get the above message:- your screen shot has been saved. Just after that i go to look for it in the file system and there is nothing to be found. I’m in my Admin account.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by md4.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Don’t login as admin/root. Login as user and post the screenshots.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by md4.

Hi i managed to get Synaptic and all my source errors fixed.
    My package installer only initially accepted two of the three kernel updates mentioned as must for Antix 19.1 Next i ran in terminal apt-get update and upgrade once again and after that i went back to the package installer and tried once again to get the third kernel to install using the RESUME command in Terminal. I remember i reinstalled my laptop keyring using sudo apt-get reinstall antix-archive-keyring now everything seems to be running fine.
    The funny brown and white cross in synaptic is something new i hadn’t noticed it represents apparently something not installed. Funny though i thought an empty tick box did that??
    Many thanks to all who have helped — problem solved.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by md4.
    ileile

Hello md4
    when gksu synaptic
    the dbind-Warning: accessibility bus… org.a11y.Bus
    in past the suppression of the error is to
    do what timkb4cq says install the package at-spi2-core (now2.30.0-7 in buster) to not see that message again.
    see if that is still the fix?
    might as well include optional package gir1.2-atspi-2.0
    while you are at it. for 71.7kB extra space.

for screenshot change the destination folder to something other-than / not the default destination folder. see if that helps?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by ile. Reason: include optional
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.