Updated instructions for installing core – maybe with Fluxbox

Forum Forums antiX-development Documentation Updated instructions for installing core – maybe with Fluxbox

Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Jun 13-6:46 pm by marcelocripe.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GenkiFeral

Tried 6 times this morning to get this to work and got all kinds of error messages.
    Seems core is only live? idk.
    I’d hoped to build a customize one by practicing with it on a few VMs (Oracle VirtualBox), but couldn’t get it set up.

If someone has an .iso or core with Fluxbox, that would be just fine – maybe one you uploaded to gitlab or github?

Also, it seems to be nonfree. If there is no systemd, it seems to follow that it would be free or, at least, have a free and nonfree version. Free Debian 11 worked fine on my one of my PCs – even WiFi worked.

punranger
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/problems-running-core-in-virtualbox/

antiX linux: The best way to revive an old computer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCTaUAP6sSg

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Enjoy Debian if that works for you.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

GenkiFeral
    Helpful
    Up

I have Debian on 2 PCs and in a VM. I want antiX _Core_ so that I can build the perfect VM and flashdrive OS.
    AntiX is much faster and lighter than Debian and I am aware antiX is based upon Debian.
    Nothing is perfect. If I didn’t like and want core so badly, I wouldn’t be here. Remember that I had to sign up for this. We aren’t on YT or FB. I went out of my way to get this solved because I am really impressed with antiX.
    I have a couple VMs with antiX base and antiX full – and had them on a flashdrive. Even base is too big for what I plan – I want to clone a few core versions and one of my SSDs is only 120GB, so the smaller the better.
    Should i try to make a video of where in the cli-installer process it hangs? Is there somewhere to post a 15 second video clip?

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

and got all kinds of error messages.

Post your error messages & we can take a look….

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

blur13
    Helpful
    Up

There is a free/libre (inofficial) respin of antix, check one of the recent posts or search for it. You could install that and start subtracting packages until you get down to “core”.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

There is a free/libre (inofficial) respin of antix, check one of the recent posts or search for it. You could install that and start subtracting packages until you get down to “core”.

antiX-Libre 21 respin – less than 700mb ISO’s, 32-bit PAE and non-PAE

Bento antiX amd64 May, 24th, 2021

MX Linux 21 Lite respin LXDE (Pin Linux OS)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.