Upgrade to 17 and system shut down from desktop

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Upgrade to 17 and system shut down from desktop

• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Jan 1-1:52 pm by caprea.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick

Around the world, http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors gives you an idea of some of the places that will sell you some form of Linux; many of them can build you a Linux computer and others provide Linux media.

--
      Brian Masinick

Budgie

Hi and many thanks for the suggestions. All I am trying to do is keep an old but previously sound machine usable and learn a bit in the process.
        I now have everything working except sound but it took a while to get there are four or five runs of the installation using the “Base” CD. I found that even though the bios was set correctly I couldn’t boot from usb. The CD installation picked up the radeon graphics but failed to set up the communications (wicd) I found that setting these up from the live system and saving the configuration on installation did the trick. This was what was suggested to me earlier. I can now reboot and shutdown. It was a bit disconcerting to find that several of the instructions in the FAQs seemed out of date but I am getting there slowly with help from this forum, so thanks again to all.

caprea

Nice to hear you managed most of your problems.
          You say you use wicd for your wifi.
          Since the wicd-service in antix is disabled by default, you maybe have to reconnect manually after every reboot.
          If you like the system connecting with wicd self-acting after every boot, you can look at Bitjams post here
          https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/reconnect/#post-1686

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.