Upgrading options

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Oct 31-12:58 am by DaveW.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

This post is for regular users of antiX-17.x series.

At some point in the near future, I’m going to provide an antiX-17.5 version.
    This will be predominantly an upgrade within the default stretch repos.
    However, I’m also thinking of including antiX based apps/upgrades from antiX-19 series (they will not break anything, I have been testing this for a while now). Some examples include the latest IceWM, fluxbox and herbstluftwm back-ported to stretch. And some new apps eg app-selct.
    I also want to include libreoffice from stretch-backports. This upgrades libreoffice from version 5 to version 6.

Most of the above may not be that controversial. However, I’m also thinking of upgrading eudev.

So, here’s the question:

Do you want your existing antiX-17.x to also be forced to upgrade to include the latest and greatest via a simple apt dist-upgrade?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

fatmac
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Personally, I’m not running 17, but if I was, I think I’d prefer a dist upgrade solution, over a total reinstall – but either way, don’t forget to take a back up of your personal data first folks. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

DaveW
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

I am running 3 computers, all with 17.4 (32 bit). So, I am interested in a possible upgrade.
    But, I’m not sure of the implications of your question.
    Does this relate to continued upgrades of existing systems, or to new installations only?

It’s hard to imagine much of an improvement over the present system.
    I’m not familiar with the new apps mentioned. I am already using LibreOffice 6.

Are there pros and cons to upgrading eudev?
    (Quite a while back, there was an issue where deleting residual eudev files with symantic crashed the system.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.