(solved) USB wifi not connected

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions (solved) USB wifi not connected

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jan 6-9:19 am by geo3geo.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    geo3geo

Running Antix 15 and getting back into it after a year or so out. But can’t get the wifi to work. Dongle I know is ok and shows up in lsusb.
    Using ROXterm Network Interfaces I see hardware interfaces eth0 & wlan1 and under Logical interfaces I see wlan0.
    Wicd tells me WiFi is not connected and says no networks found.
    Do I somehow need to patch wlan0 to wlan1?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by skidoo. Reason: edited title to indicate SOLVED
    caprea
    Helpful
    Up

Helpful would be the output from terminal please
    lsusb

sudo iwconfig

sudo ifconfig

Also almost always helpful

inxi -zv7

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by caprea.
    geo3geo
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks Caprea for response. This is from my Win10 machine as I can’t get the Antix machine connected 🙂
    I’ll rig up an ethernet connection tomorrow and I’ll hopefully then be able to do do a copy/paste on the various terminal commands you’ve suggested.
    Geo

caprea
    Helpful
    Up

Read again your post and maybe its enough to set wlan0 to wlan1 in preferences of wicd, but I think you tried this alreday.

geo3geo
    Helpful
    Up

You are right, setting wlan0 to wlan1 sorted it. I’d not noticed that little arrow in wicd that gives the Preferences option.
    Many thanks
    Geo

sent via my WiFi !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.