Vnc server to run automatic at start

Forum Forums General Software Vnc server to run automatic at start

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by docop1 Jan 7-3:50 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    docop1

Hi
    So i’ve try Antix and it’s quite good, but as being from centos.. i found quite painfull to be able to just config a simple vnc server, to run headless. And to have it run / auto start , automatically when the pc is turn on. I know there’s no systemd… but i haven’t found any tutorial to help me out on : how can i have a vnc server run automatically ??

I can install x11 from the package and see the gui. But cannot do it run automatic. Is there another package that can be install and always start by itself… ? ssh-conduit is not best either.

thanks in advance

skidoo

how can i have a vnc server run automatically ?

autostart of service daemons can be managed via the command
    sysv-rc-conf

You may need to scroll (down-arrow key) to find “vncserver” in the list. Mark the runlevels you want autostart to occur, press Q to exit.
    After reboot, you can confirm that vncserver has autostarted by issuing the command “sudo service vncserver status” (or by revisiting sysv-rc-conf).

Is there another package

Here you can search/browse packages.debian.org to see what’s available: https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=vnc&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all

In addition to “vnc”, you might also consider searching for “X2go”

caprea
    caprea
    docop1

The new guide is very great and all work perfectly !
    i will just try to add the password thing.
    do :
    x11vnc -storepasswd

then.. will it be to add to the run command written in /.desktop-session/startup
    -rfbauth /home/LOGIN NAME/.vnc/passwd
    or just :
    -usepw

(x11vnc -forever -display :0 >/dev/null 2>&1 &)

I will also check why desktop always revert to 1024×768 at boot.
    Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.