Wachtwoord kwijt, Grub

Forum Forums General Other Languages Dutch Wachtwoord kwijt, Grub

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jan 22-12:33 pm by Leentje.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leentje

Hallo allemaal (hello everybody)

Helaas ben ik het wachtwoord van antiX kwijt.
    Hoe kan ik dit herstellen?

Op een Nederlandstalige website kom ik voor Ubuntu en Linux Mint dan dit tegen:
    https://sites.google.com/site/computertip/wachtwoordvergeten

Maar mijn opstartregel ziet er anders uit.
    Hoe los ik dit op?

I lost my password. How to fix this? (With Grub?)

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

I think you can press “e” at the grub boot line and at the end of the “linux” line type ” 1″. Then press F10 which should start the line and boot to init level 1 (as we do not have systemd init) leaving you at the root user prompt. From there you can type “passwd USER” where “USER” is the username of the account that needs a new password.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Leentje
    Helpful
    Up

Oke. I tried. After F10 de system didn’t boot by itself.
    After booting, I tot the line:
    Give root password for maintenance (or type Control -D to continue). But that didn’t work.

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Helpful
    Up

OK sorry, it has been a while since I have done it this way (last time it did not ask for the password), normally I change the password with the live cd/usb I installed with. It looks as though you can type “rw init=/bin/bash” instead of “1”. I just tested this and it seems to work, though I had to hold to power button to turn the computer off.

I guess this behaviour changed with a modification to /etc/inittab to

# What to do in single-user mode.
    ~~:S:wait:/sbin/sulogin

as my older system specifies single user mode to be /bin/bash

# What to do in single-user mode.
    ~~:S:wait:/bin/bash

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Leentje
    Helpful
    Up

No problem. I tried a few combinations with the example of the Dutch website and I succeeded. It was a little bit what You wrote here.
    Thank You for reacting!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.