Wallpaper change in boot loader menu

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Wallpaper change in boot loader menu

Tagged: 

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Jan 13-9:41 am by Bronimir.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bronimir

Hi guys,

I’m very new to AntiX. I’ve installed few linuxes on my PC about 6 months or maybe a year ago. One of them was AntiX. I didn’t like that utility poles and wires wallpaper on the boot menu (where you choose what OS you want to start) and I was trying to change it using the system tool, but that didn’t work. Even if I changed the wallpaper in the tool, it was still there in the boot menu. I haven’t updated AntiX since, so it’s probably not the latest release, but anyway – could you please explain me (as simple as possible) how to remove the wallpaper from the boot menu manually (not using the tool which didn’t work for me) or at least how to change it to fully black?

Kind regards,
      Damian

• This topic was modified 6 months ago by Bronimir.
      Brian Masinick

Try this:

Menu —> Control Centre —> Choose Wallpaper

Then look through the selections. If there are NONE that appeal to you, write back.
        There are ways to get additional wallpapers; one other way is to add wallpapers from 2-3 different releases.
        If even that doesn’t work there are plenty of wallpapers all over the Internet, but the process of obtaining them takes work.
        First see if there is anything acceptable, and we will go from there.

--
        Brian Masinick

PPC

I think the OP is trying to change the GRUB background image, not antiX’s wallpaper…
          antiX Menu > Control Centre > “Session” Tab > Select the option to change Grub Image and select a .png image file, example from /usr/share/wallpaper/grub

EDIT:
          You were very vague- what system tool did you use, that failed to work for you? This one that I mentioned?

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by PPC.
          Bronimir

I think the OP is trying to change the GRUB background image, not antiX’s wallpaper…
            antiX Menu > Control Centre > “Session” Tab > Select the option to change Grub Image and select a .png image file, example from /usr/share/wallpaper/grub

EDIT:
            You were very vague- what system tool did you use, that failed to work for you? This one that I mentioned?

Yes, apologies, I was writing that from another linux, without access to AntiX and because I did that quite a long time ago I didn’t recall the name of “that app”. Now I’m on AntiX and changing wallaper via Session tab worked fine (once the wallpaper is in right size) – thanks!

That system tool I was reffering to was just

Menu > Control Centre > “System” tab > Edit config files > “00_header” tab > edit & save
            if [ "x${GRUB_TIMEOUT}" = "x" ] ; then GRUB_TIMEOUT=3 ; fi

Then sudo update-grub

Found it, thanks guys! :)

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by Bronimir.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.