wallpaper to enjoy

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics wallpaper to enjoy

Tagged: 

• This topic has 339 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated May 10-1:54 am by linuxdaddy.
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 340 total)
  • Author
    Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

Thanks linuxdaddy. Your eyes for photography are a positive Inspiration to me and others.

There are many good artists here. Some people are photography experts. Others are graphics experts. Others are simply good at locating and recognizing the work that others create. Each one is welcome to share.

Thank you all. Also know that while not all art will be included in antiX, as a participant here you will still be contributing to the forum and free software and also to wallpaper art.

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

thank you Brian.

I don’t expect to be artwork included to the distro just enjoyed by members.
    here is a few more. they are under 1mb in size

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

I don’t have any “expectations” or anything at all either. I’ve been a user of antiX since before the first official release and I simply enjoy using it and I want to be helpful to others. These days, there are a LOT of people who know much more than I do about the distribution as it continues to evolve, so I yield to the current generation of experts and expertise. Nevertheless I appreciate not only you, but quite a few of the talented people who share their work. I don’t know who is skilled in software development or administration and who, like you and me, simply share, I just appreciate those who choose to share, so thanks again.

I see that your latest works seem to be a blend of graphic art, possibly coupled with photography. However you’ve done it, the work is well beyond my own limited creativity. I only get stuff like this by finding it, downloading it and trying it out; thanks again for sharing.

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

thanks Brian,

you wrote : I see that your latest works seem to be a blend of graphic art, possibly coupled with photography

only the 2 overlayed were graphic art. the others are camera and lighting. the text was added in mtpaint and filtered in gimp.
    and resized with mirage … here is one of icicles. and a couple of retro item photos.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by linuxdaddy. Reason: added to it

Normal == 🙂

Awesome, proof (to me anyway) that you have great art with your photography!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Brian Masinick.

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

here is a marble one reflected. And one of pc chips.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by linuxdaddy. Reason: added another

Normal == 🙂

@linuxdaddy: another fine example of your talent and artistic eye; thanks for sharing with us!

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

Here is a couple more at 2400×1600 under 1mb. Thanks Brian.

Normal == 🙂

Wow, a “classic” old radio, and I assume this is also a “classic” acoustic guitar?

Very nice, as always!

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

Thanks Brian,

the radio is a replica but I do have a GE AM clock radio that plugs in.
    it was taken with a manual Vivitar Series 1 70-210 lens. the other is a
    Sonora acoustic guitar that takes the nylon stings.

Normal == 🙂

Very cool re. both items. Sometimes the classic stuff is really good 😃

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

Thanks Brian,

Here is TWO of the Irish wolfhound going into the
    wind. just using different editing filters on the
    same photo.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by linuxdaddy. Reason: added 2nd image

Normal == 🙂

@linuxdaddy: I don’t know whether you have ever contributed code, a script, suggested a new idea, found and documented a defect, or anything else that contributes to the development and maintenance of a code base, but I feel that you are a passionate contributor to our forum here as an artist – with the eye and with your camera. Some of us can code, some of us “jabber”, others of us test, moderate the forum, others of us suggest ideas that lead to new creations.

I submit that every one of these, and of course, this thereby recognizes many of the people here, and in this way, I once again want to thank you.

A while ago we mentioned a guy who used the handle “Sakasa” who used to contribute a lot of fine art. To me, if we can’t have Sakasa, YOU are our guy these days. Thank you so much for your continued work. Every single week for quite a while now you have contributed some really nice stuff, and if you went ten days instead of five, we often received triple or quadruple the number of contributions from you.

Anticapitalista gives us an excellent system, then we have all of these other guys, Dave, Bitjam, Skidoo, Xecure, and others who either currently or in the past have put lots of good ideas and code into our system. I am not intentionally omitting anyone, but there are more names of good people than I have on the tip of my tongue. The various releases in our history and in our source code can ultimately reveal them.

In this space, wallpapers and art work, you are one of our current leaders; thanks again!

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

Here is one of a flock of pigeons flying.
    It’ ~420kb in size.

Attachments:

Normal == 🙂

If you ever spot any ‘loons’, such as the Squam Lake loon or some eagles that would also be cool. As always, thanks for sharing your artistry with us!

Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 340 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.