wallpaper to enjoy

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics wallpaper to enjoy

• This topic has 443 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated Jul 24-6:54 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 444 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Good, then I WAS paying attention and I did notice the difference.

While we do have many fine artists that participate here, at least over the past 1-2 years you have been one of the most prolific among those sharing photographic images and I continue to enjoy using them. I have saved several of them. If I ever decide to have alternating backgrounds or use different images rotating through my screensaver I will almost certainly feature YOUR work because it matches the kinds of images I prefer to use in my personal wallpapers. Right now I’m using an image of the Cumberland Falls in southern Kentucky. I’ve never actually BEEN to these particular Falls, but since moving from Michigan to South Carolina, and returning to Michigan to visit family and friends, we pass by a couple of freeway exits and signs that specifically mention these Falls.

If you happen to take any pictures of wooded areas, water landscapes, shorelines, or Falls that will even further put my interests in building an entire portfolio of work, consisting of your current and past images along with these personal scenery favorites.

Thanks once again @linuxdaddy: !

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

Hi Brian,

Not many shorelines or falls in this area of New Mexico to take
    photos of. Maybe this summer on wooded areas though, planning a few local
    travel days. Here is one of three ducks my friend has. it’s ~1.3 MB.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

That’s a good one @linuxdaddy:

I’ll take a look at it on my computer wallpaper and see how it works out there.

Thanks!

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I downloaded the image; the ducks in the foreground were very nice and clear; on one of my older systems, the foreground was clear of the ducks and the background was blurred; I’ll look at it again from another computer because the images looked very good from my phone. I guess the detail varies depending on the resolution of the system being used.

The old system is a Lenovo X201; the screen resolution is currently VESA 1280×800 so that may explain why the image background doesn’t look quite as good from this old laptop. Don’t be deterred; as I said, it looked great from another system.

Thanks for sharing so many fine photographic images. I look forward to seeing them often – in fact, it’s something I look for in the forum; thanks again!

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

thanks Brian,

the ducks in the background are in the bokeh blur of the lens, the focus
    was on the front one. here is a 2 I took on a work trip across the state.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by linuxdaddy. Reason: added another
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by linuxdaddy. Reason: added another

Normal == 🙂

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I like both of these. I’ll try them out as wallpaper and see if they work out. If not I will at least keep them in my linuxdaddy photo library!

Thanks for sharing; looks like you had a scenic place sometime during your trip!

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

I went from Albuquerque on I40 to Blue Water then highway 371 to
    Farmington in New Mexico. Here is 2 photos of the San Juan river
    by Farmington and a shot of the Sandia Mountains taken from Macintosh.

Normal == 🙂

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Ah, these are nice too and I just logged into antiX so I can get them and see how they look as wallpaper and retain all of them in ,y art collection.

Thanks!

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I put all of these from yesterday and today onto my live system and they look good, so I’ll save the persistent state AND also copy them to one of my other Picture folders on a regular system so I have them handy. Thanks!

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

Here is one of the Manzano Mountains in central New Mexico.
    also one of a black and white landscape.
    And you’re welcome.

Normal == 🙂

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I like these too, so I’ll add them to my @linuxdaddy: wallpaper collection; thanks!

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I have quite a few nice wallpaper images in my collection now, quite a few authored by our own @linuxdaddy:

Lots of good images. The ones that I use for wallpaper are generally medium to dark in tone, but that doesn’t mean that is all I enjoy viewing. I simply need fairly dark backgrounds and/or the backlight turned down so that my dry eyes don’t get overly irritated.

I continue to be very impressed with the artistic and photographic expertise of the participants in this topic; thank you all for your contributions!

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks Brian,

It’s more of passion and talent than expertise. I have less than 3 yrs
    experience with a DSLR camera and less than 1 yr editing photos. Here is
    a couple of some Elm tree leaves here. But it is a blessing and a curse.
    as I’m going partially blind in my left eye now.

Normal == 🙂

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

@linuxdaddy: I am sorry to hear about your eyesight. I’ve had cataract and retina surgery. Not sure if they are the cause or not, but the dry eyes affect what kind of backgrounds I am able to use. The leaves look nice and I love nature. Woods. Water. Beaches, etc. But I am no longer able to enjoy them fully, either in life or photography because of light sensitivity. I even put on TWO PAIR of sunglasses, a prescription pair and a “Terminator” wrap around pair to cut down the Bright light when I am outside.

I try to reduce screen brightness when I am using the computer.

I guess we’re both pieces of work when it comes to eyesight. Best wishes. Hopefully something can be done to save your sight.

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

In my left eye is glaucoma and a cataract. my right is good so far though. guess
    we can”t stay spring chickens forever right.

Normal == 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 444 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.