wallpaper to enjoy

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics wallpaper to enjoy

• This topic has 120 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated Dec 9-11:17 pm by linuxdaddy.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    DaveDave

One from the last camping trip.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

christophechristophe

Wow. Beautiful.

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

Had time to make a couple more with qosmic.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

masinickmasinick

I tend to enjoy “nature” based images, usually either forests, grassy areas, mountainous terrain, or water – water falls, ocean cliffs, etc. Nice picture Dave!

One from the last camping trip.

Brian Masinick

I tend to enjoy “nature” based images, usually either forests, grassy areas, mountainous terrain, or water – water falls, ocean cliffs, etc.

In that case, you’d probably like somethin’ like:

oopsoops

NASA has a “pic of the day” that you can download. I have it on a daily cron job.

… Good idea.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by oops.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by oops.

Attachments:

@skidoo: I’m not really sure if NoClue will be pleased you took the time to create that wallpaper or not, but I’m positive that when he sees it he’ll say that’s not well centered! 🙂
    PS: I never got why two people with so much accumulated knowledge, and that do so much for antiX, like you both, are “in each other’s throats” (in a good, healthy sense).

P.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by PPC.
    masinickmasinick

Sadly, (or “humorously”, if you have a *twisted* sense of humor), it’s diversity that truly helps put together great software.

It really is sad in a way. Think about when antiX had it’s beginnings, or MEPIS, for that matter. They were two of the most hospitable, friendly forums, and two of the most promising distributions. Both were very good then, yet arguably better today because of choice and diversity. There is a fine line as diversity grows. A mature response to diverse approaches – especially ones like we have – ought to be affirming and encouraging. I say “especially ones like we have” because the antiX / MX way allows a LOT of tailoring, adding what individuals want, and removing what they don’t want. (If you are unsure of this, take a look at the metapackages in some of the “more popular” distributions. The majority of the packaging takes place using only a small handful of metapackages; remove one thing and you get rid of a lot, and you may not have a working alternative). Contrast that with our approach. Yes, you CAN use big metapackages if you want to do so, but they are NOT at integral part of our core software or the approach used.

NOTE that those other systems are legitimate alternatives too and it’s good to have something like that because it is simple; similarly our approach is also good because it provides greater flexibility for those who seek it.

I hope that these comments and perspectives, whether you like them and agree with them or not, are simply another perspective and opinion in the broad “rainbow” of freely available software (and my opinions are just that; “opinions” – they are NOT right for everyone). I hope that each one of us can enjoy our software freedoms in whatever manner we choose to express them, and that we can be respectful of views other than our own. Blessings to all!

@skidoo: I’m not really sure if NoClue will be pleased you took the time to create that wallpaper or not, but I’m positive that when he sees it he’ll say that’s not well centered!
    PS: I never got why two people with so much accumulated knowledge, and that do so much for antiX, like you both, are “in each other’s throats” (in a good, healthy sense).

P.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by anticapitalista.

Brian Masinick

The “centering” chosen for the crop was intentional.
    Instead, maybe callout the inattention toward proper feathering…

re: “I never got why”

there’s no lingering animosity AFAIK, and that ‘wallpaper’ just serves to celebrate our differences.

Considering who did it, it’s centered well enough.
    But … noClue, where’s noClue.
    😉

ileile

Hello linuxdaddy and Hello Everyone
    having no_clue off-center is better than having no_clue at all. Where is no_clue? I want to say that I have no clue, but like always I do not have no clue.
    qosmic and evolvotron are interesting; a few hours of looking at contextfree has me thinking that I will save playing with that for retirement. anyone here has done contextfree?

hi masinick liking landscape peer at this by
    Heater Smith
    https://www.digipen.edu/sites/default/files/public/img/art/mfa/01-hero/heather-smith-digipen-mfa-student-3d-modeling-3.jpg

noClue was here!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by anticapitalista.
    masinickmasinick

I like the image by Heather Smith very much: heather-smith-digipen-mfa-student-3d-modeling-3.jpg Thanks!

Hello linuxdaddy and Hello Everyone
    having no_clue off-center is better than having no_clue at all. Where is no_clue? I want to say that I have no clue, but like always I do not have no clue.
    qosmic and evolvotron are interesting; a few hours of looking at contextfree has me thinking that I will save playing with that for retirement. anyone here has done contextfree?

hi masinick liking landscape peer at this by
    Heater Smith
    https://www.digipen.edu/sites/default/files/public/img/art/mfa/01-hero/heather-smith-digipen-mfa-student-3d-modeling-3.jpg

Brian Masinick

masinickmasinick

We see those “no clue” eyes! Thanks for your efforts! 🙂

Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.