want to switch to Testing repo so I can use Kodi 19, always getting this error

Forum Forums General Software want to switch to Testing repo so I can use Kodi 19, always getting this error

• This topic has 18 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Apr 17-1:53 am by seaken64.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

not sure why it cannot be downloaded.

Probably because you threw away (outcommented) the “regular” antixlinux repository line in sources.d/antix.list and are attempting to use an antix suite labeled “testing” and are presuming that suite contains “nextgen versions of evvythang”, ala debian \\\testing\\\ (hint: it does not; its content is very sparsely populated)

takeaway:
    jojo wants a pony
    and jojo wants a pony NOW
    and jojo will not accept an ‘alpha’ pony

ok bye
    Have fun mashing keys an ‘sperimenting !

OK but I thought you couldn’t have both the regular and testing repos enabled at the same time? Or did I make a mistake by disabling every one of the none testing repos?

I did not test this- it will be slower than using a repo, but you can try generating your own appimage, as shown here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345911

Addapt the process as needed, to generate the version you want…
    Appimages are always a nice alternative to try the latest version of a program, without any risk to your system… I hope this works for you,

P.

the sanest/safest way to go is run Bullseye a2 live where kodi installs without issue instead of running around in circles.

Maybe read up on debian testing as base system, the a2 is more stable than many far more funky big name offerings.

Have fun.

the sanest/safest way to go is run Bullseye a2 live where kodi installs without issue instead of running around in circles.

Maybe read up on debian testing as base system, the a2 is more stable than many far more funky big name offerings.

Have fun.

I agree with this. If all you are trying to do is run Kodi 19 then just use a21a2.

If you are going to try my workaround then make sure you start with a fresh install and get everything working (networking etc.) before you attempt it. It sounds to me like you have the repos messed up.

And there is nothing wrong with ‘sperimenting. Just as long as you know you are playing with fire. Don’t try these experiments on your main system that you need to use everyday.

seaken64

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.