Warning to those using Nvidia cards

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” Warning to those using Nvidia cards

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated Oct 24-6:22 am by sidsnot.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi, long time AntiX user here, I’ve been running 17 without any issues but decided to try out 19 with a clean installation using the core install. Everything went along smoothly but then I got around to running a game which is when I started running into problems.

First off, something changed either in Debian/AntiX (with the move to Buster) or NVidia have fiddled with the 340/390 drivers themselves that has stopped CoolBits from doing it’s thing (fan control/overclocking). I had a search around and found that the Arch Wiki details my exact problem here along with their solution but as I was running with that solution anyway (X running with needs_root_rights = yes) it’s a moot point.

I also had an issue with the card (Quadro 5000) locking itself permanently in the power saving state which in turn made X and OpenGL run at a crawl. Suffice to say I’m back on 17 and running as normal with the occasional (overclocked) game… ymmv of course but this was a game breaker for me so I’ll be running 17 for the foreseeable future.

Cheers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.