Web Browsers

Forum Forums General Software Web Browsers

• This topic has 125 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated Aug 9-2:07 pm by seaken64.
Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • Author

Thank you for the information. It is very helpful.

Dell Latitude D610 laptop with antiX 19.3 (32 bit)
    Dell Latitude D620 laptop with antiX 19.3 (64 bit)

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

Unfortunately very little software is a available for computer systems older than ten years, especially 32-bit systems over ten years old.

Brian Masinick

I fired up my former favorite laptop, a Gateway MX3210. It’s a Celeron M Dothan Single Core at 1.4Ghz and with 480 of RAM. I have antiX-17.4 running. I installed SlimJet to try it out. This computer is only a little better than my Compaq Deskpro EN P-III that I do a lot of my testing on. I usually use SeaMonkey on this machine.

SlimJet runs fine on this machine since The Celeron M Dothan supports SSE2. It uses a little more memory than SeaMonkey, about 259M when running with one tab open on this forum (SeaMonkey is about 207M). And after I installed NoScript it is about the same as SeaMonkey in response. But the extra 50M of RAM is significant on this machine since it is less than 512MB. I have found SeaMonkey to be the best at memory use and that is why I use it on these old machines with less than 1GB of RAM.

SlimJet is familiar since I use Chrome a lot in my business. I deleted Chromium and FirefoxESR from this machine and now have SlimJet and SeaMonkey instead.

Seaken64

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

I’m glad that you are able to get Flashpeak Slimjet running!

Brian Masinick

[Quote]I’m glad that you are able to get Flashpeak Slimjet running![/Quote]

The trick is to install on a computer that supports SSE2! No P-III’s for SlimJet or Vivaldi.

I’m glad that you are able to get Flashpeak Slimjet running!

The trick is to install on a computer that supports SSE2! No P-III’s for SlimJet or Vivaldi.

Oops! sorry about the double post. Sometimes NoScript gets in the way! I messed up the quote tags.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by seaken64.
Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.