Weird blueman bluetooth bug

Forum Forums General Software Weird blueman bluetooth bug

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by rodgerrodger2k Feb 13-7:25 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rodgerrodger2k

So I have antiX-17 installed on a Dell Latitude D430 (64-bit, 1.333ghz, 2gb RAM, for those interested). I’ve installed “blueman” from the antiX “Package Installer”, and reinstalled with Synaptic, but it still isn’t working quite right.

Here’s the problem:

Sometimes blueman works properly, pairing, connecting, and transferring files to all my devices. Sometimes blueman lists my paired devices, but freezes when attempting to transfer files (the program is still responding, and I can close it without “AppKiller”; it just isn’t sending any files). Sometimes blueman does not list ANY of my paired devices, and acts as if my internal bluetooth chip is non-existent.

Usually, the program runs fine when I start up my computer fresh. Then, after it’s been running for some time, or has been suspended once or twice, the above problem occurs. I have had mixed success when disabling bluetooth, then exiting blueman, then restarting blueman and re-enabling bluetooth. However, it is not uncommon for me to have to reboot the entire system in order to regain functionality.

I have also noticed this problem in MX Linux, but not in Sparky Linux, or Ubuntu-based Linux distros. My wireless device is “Dell Computer Corp. Wireless 360 Bluetooth”. I suspect a driver issue, but I am not sure.

If anyone else has any ideas or is experiencing a similar problem, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

rodgerrodger2k

WARNING: Due to connectivity problems, I accidentally uploaded same topic twice. Original thread here:

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/weird-blueman-bluetooth-bug/

Edit by Rok. No worries. I deleted the duplicate thread.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by rokytnji.
    Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Post a inxi -Fxx

report and start blueman from terminal and look for any error messages when it fails on you. Also when it fails.

dmesg | tail

might spit out something useful also. Only thing I use bluetooth for is my external bluetooth skull candy speaker. It requires me to install pulse audio to pair with it.

Beer, Bikes, and BBQ. It's what we do
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

rodgerrodger2k

Here is the inxi -Fxx feedback:

System:    Host: antix-latitude-d430 Kernel: 4.10.5-antix.3-amd64-smp x86_64
               bits: 64 gcc: 6.3.0
               Desktop: IceWM 1.4.2 dm: slim
               Distro: antiX-17_x64-full Heather Heyer 24 October 2017
    Machine:   Device: portable System: Dell product: Latitude D430 serial: N/A
               Mobo: Dell model: 0F331C serial: N/A BIOS: Dell v: A08 date: 07/28/2008
               Chassis: type: 8 serial: N/A
    Battery    BAT0: charge: 42.2 Wh 231.1% condition: 18.2/42.2 Wh (43%) volts: 12.2/11.1
               model: Samsung SDI DELL GG3867 serial: 1725 status: Full
    CPU:       Dual core Intel Core2 Duo U7700 (-MCP-) arch: Conroe rev.13 cache: 2048 KB
               flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3 vmx) bmips: 5322
               clock speeds: min/max: 800/1333 MHz 1: 1333 MHz 2: 1333 MHz
    Graphics:  Card: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller
               bus-ID: 00:02.0 chip-ID: 8086:27a2
               Display Server: X.Org 1.19.6 driver: intel Resolution: 1280x800@59.85hz
               OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel 945GM
               version: 1.4 Mesa 17.3.3 Direct Render: Yes
    Audio:     Card Intel NM10/ICH7 Family High Def. Audio Controller
               driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0 chip-ID: 8086:27d8
               Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.10.5-antix.3-amd64-smp
    Network:   Card-1: Broadcom Limited NetXtreme BCM5752 Gigabit Ethernet PCIE
               driver: tg3 v: 3.137 bus-ID: 09:00.0 chip-ID: 14e4:1600
               IF: eth0 state: down mac: 00:21:70:b9:3b:9c
               Card-2: Broadcom Limited BCM4311 802.11b/g WLAN
               driver: b43-pci-bridge bus-ID: 0c:00.0 chip-ID: 14e4:4311
               IF: wlan0 state: up mac: 00:1e:4c:9a:d6:0a
    Drives:    HDD Total Size: 30.0GB (19.2% used)
               ID-1: /dev/sda model: TOSHIBA_MK3008GA size: 30.0GB serial: Z5888042S
    Partition: ID-1: / size: 27G used: 4.5G (18%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2
               ID-2: swap-1 size: 1.07GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda1
    Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 62.0C mobo: N/A
               Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
    Info:      Processes: 166 Uptime: 5:22 Memory: 462.0/1993.3MB
               Init: SysVinit v: 2.88 runlevel: 5 default: 5 Gcc sys: 7.2.0
               Client: Shell (bash 4.4.181 running in lxterminal) inxi: 2.3.54

I do intend to upgrade my kernel in the near future; this is still a fairly fresh install. I had a fully up-to-date system running on this same hardware setup earlier this February with the same problem, so I doubt that the issue is in the kernel. I will post the results of “dmesg | tail” when I get a chance.
    Thank you for your interest in my machine’s issue, and for the great work you all put into this excellent operating system.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by rokytnji.

rodgerrodger2k

Managed to recreate the bug.
    Started blueman-applet from terminal, clicked “Send file to device”, selected a .jpg image, and tried to send it, but it froze up.

I’ve included a screenshot of the blueman window. Usually, the blue progress bar at the bottom fills all the way up and then disappears, however in my case, it fills all the way and then freezes. The window is still responding, and I can still select my device and click “OK”, but then a “Bluetooth Transfer” window pops up and forever shows the progress at 0%. My phone never indicates an attempted connection.

As I said before, rebooting the machine temporarily solves this problem, so I have concluded that the issue is not with my phone.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.