Welcome back to freedom!

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio Welcome back to freedom!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by VW Sep 21-3:33 am.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    eugen-b
    eugen-b

I’d like to start a thread where we can share news about political prisoners who got released. Add your people about whom you want to tell others!

Alexander Kolchenko – in prison: May 2014 – Sept. 2019, a left-wing activist from Crimea, got free in a prisoner swap between Russia and Ukraine. I wish him and other former prisoners a quick recovery from all the stress and I’m looking forward to hearing good news about them!

(At time 5:37)
    Reporter: Will you come back to Crimea?
    Kolchenko: When Putin gets toppled, definitely.

The man at the beginning of the video is Vladimir Balukh, a political activist who raised the Ukrainian flag on his farm in Crimea.

(Don’t buy mass media noise about “a step towards peace”, Russia got a witness (and possibly an accomplice) of the takedown of MH17 in exchange and that’s the only reason why the swap happened IMHO.)

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by eugen-b.
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by eugen-b.
    • This topic was modified 2 months ago by fatmac. Reason: 2104 to 2014
    VW
    VW

Can we mention those who are still locked up, like Chelsea Manning, for example?

Chelsea Manning

And I’d personally like to remember a friend from Clarksdale who served 6 months for daring to protest at Fort Benning with School of the Americas Watch.

And of course, there is Julian Assange

Julian Assange

The World’s Most Important Political Prisoner

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by VW.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.