Welcome our new Moderators.

Forum Forums News Announcements Welcome our new Moderators.

• This topic has 32 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated Nov 6-5:02 pm by Girafenaine.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

It gives me great pleasure to add to our Moderators group:

BobC
    caprea
    christophe
    ModdIt

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Hello anticapitalista and new moderators,

It is great to see our colleagues being promoted to moderators of the antiX Linux forum.

As Peter Parker’s uncle says, “With great powers comes great responsibilities” (proverb popularized by Spider-Man comics by Stan Lee).

marcelocripe

———-

Olá anticapitalista e novos moderadores,

É muito bom poder ver nosso colegas sendo promovidos a moderadores do fórum do antiX Linux.

Como diz o tio do Peter Parker, “Com grandes poderes vêm grandes responsabilidades” (provérbio popularizado pelos quadrinhos do Homem-Aranha escritos por Stan Lee).

marcelocripe

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Many thanks for the confidence put in me, also a warm welcome to other new mods.

Will do my best not to disappoint.

Languages English and fluent but not grammar perfect German

If perfection is needed my daughter or one of the other native
    speaking kids will assist me.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

It gives me great pleasure to add to our Moderators group:

BobC
    caprea
    christophe
    ModdIt

I am happy and relieved to see this. I enjoy moderating this forum and helping out, but I’m also retired and I enjoy the arts and spending time with my wife in addition to sharing with the community,

Thank you moderators!

Thanks anti for the great environment we all enjoy!

Brian Masinick

sleekmason
    Helpful
    Up

Congratulations to the new moderators! And thank you masinick for everything you do, and have done:)

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Congratulations to the new moderators! And thank you masinick for everything you do, and have done:)

You’re welcome 😁

Brian Masinick

ile
    Helpful
    Up

hello anticapitalista and everyone. Saluting to new, All Moderators.
    Well played.
    Congratulations
    BobC
    caprea
    christophe
    Moddit

Koo
    Helpful
    Up

I always thought these were moderators. Okey Dokey enjoy your new stripes.:-)
    I better be on my best behavior.

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    Helpful
    Up

Sick and weak as kitten so late to party. Congrats and Welcome. No worries. This malady will pass eventually.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

BobC
    caprea
    christophe
    ModdIt

Thanks in advance for emancipating posts which frequently wind up quarrantined by the “spamfilter”

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Congratulations to BobC, caprea, christophe and ModdIt.
    Thanks for all the work and help you provide and, as skidoo says, thank you in advance for your participation in the war against the “Spamfilter”.

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you in advance for your participation in the war against the “Spamfilter”.

Maybe some hand holding will be needed with that.

@roky, Sick and weak as kitten so late to party. Congrats and Welcome. No worries. This malady will pass eventually.

Wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
    If as i guess you have our favorite virus it can take ages to let go, i was breathless and exhausted for months.

@Koo, at times i had more expectation of being banished than this.

For all, unless kids register for themselves in future all posts go through me. The anchient biped, they are all
    at least 50 years younger than I am, Couple of the older teachers it is 40 so i get a lot of cheeky comments.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by ModdIt.
    marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

sleekmason wrote:
    … And thank you masinick for everything you do, and have done 🙂

You remembered it very well. We do have to thank Mr. Brian. Thank you!

rokytnji, I hope it’s not that coronavirus. I wish you well.

Skidoo and Xecure spoke very well … I also have to thank you in advance in the war against the “spam filter”, I can’t post a lot, but whenever I post it, the message usually ends up in “spam”.

ModdIt, you shared the state you were in, the people I am friends with, who were hit by the virus at the time, lost their appetite, had difficulty breathing and had to eat and drink a lot of water, even without feeling like it.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

sleekmason wrote:
    … And thank you masinick for everything you do, and have done:)

Você lembrou muito bem. Temos que agradecer sim ao senhor Brian. Muito obrigado!

rokytnji, eu espero que não seja o tal coronavírus. Desejo melhoras.

O skidoo e Xecure falaram muito bem … Eu também tenho que agradecer de forma antecipada na guerra contra o “filtro de spam”, eu não consigo postar muito, mas sempre que posto, normalmente acaba indo a mensagem parar no “spam”.

ModdIt, você compartilhou o estado que você ficou, o pessoal que eu tenho amizade, que foi atingido pelo tal vírus no momento, perderam o apetite, dificuldade para respirar e tiveram que se alimentar e beber muita água, mesmo sem ter vontade.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Though I am happy to see more help with the forum moderation, I am saddened to hear of illness and discomfort in our midst; that is not something I am “pleased” to hear, but I do express both my prayers and concerns to anyone suffering illness, especially anything to do with the virus for which there are only a few “potential, experimental” solutions available.

For those who pray, this is a good time to do so, not only for those we know, love, and care for, but for humanity in general. Whether “friend” or “foe”, I wish wellness to everyone, and I am always optimistic to be kind whenever possible; it’s much more likely to bring wellness and peace to someone who is experiencing distress. Often when we find someone in a “disagreeable” state, it has nothing directly to do with us, it may have something to do with their health, economic well being, or with someone else they are close to. Unpleasant behavior is never “appealing” to anyone else, but when we spread it ourselves it only compounds whatever difficulties are taking place.

I’m all the more thankful that “unpleasant exchanges” are very rare in this forum, and for that, I thank each of our participants. Those who offer lots of help and assistance in this place are especially useful; the value of this work is significant, just as ideas, design, development, testing, art work, and all other contributions are.

There are plenty of thanks to go around in this community; let’s continue our positive momentum that seems to be gaining forward motion; keep the ideas, suggestions, and contributions in all forms coming. Questions are quite useful too, even if you have discovered the “solution”. Sometimes posing both the question (or former issue) that you faced, along with the solution you learned or discovered will be something that another person is also seeking. Sharing such things is quite useful; again, thanks, because many of you are doing all of this already!

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Sick and weak as kitten so late to party. Congrats and Welcome. No worries. This malady will pass eventually.

Get plenty of rest and get well @rokytnji!

Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.