Welcome our new Moderators.

Forum Forums News Announcements Welcome our new Moderators.

• This topic has 32 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated Nov 6-5:02 pm by Girafenaine.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

@moddit: I’m thankful to have you as a fellow moderator. The time of day that you are usually available is “earlier” in my day, so you may catch things toward the end of your day or after the “end” of my day; either way, it is a complementary situation and I also have a great deal of respect for your experience; we also have different “use cases”, so we may be able to help people with a wider variety among the moderators with a greater variety of experience with more tools. Great to have you participating in this!

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

@BobC: Great to have you with us as a moderator!

Your experience with tools and scripts is bound to be very helpful; I enjoy reading your posts, and I’ll appreciate your support and assistance as a fellow moderator!

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

@caprea: As I have expressed with the others, I thank you for accepting a role as a moderator and like the others, I have great respect for your contributions, expertise, and experience. Thanks for contributing in many ways and adding your moderator skills to that list!

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

@christophe: You didn’t think that I forgot you, did you? 🙂 You and caprea have been members of the antiX community longer than the other new moderators. Though that doesn’t diminish their contributions or yours, it does indicate your interest, background, and support to the antiX community, and like the others, I am extremely thankful for you agreeing to become a moderator and help out.

To all of the recently added moderators, when you happen to have a few moments, if you haven’t told your personal antiX story on this forum in the past year or more, it’d be nice to have some of you share your stories with us again. Thanks to all for your contributions to this wonderful community!

—Brian (one of the “old guys”), a longtime UNIX, Linux, Debian, MEPIS, MX Linux, and antiX enthusiast

Brian Masinick

fatmac
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome to the fold to our new mods.

Sorry to hear you’re a bit down Roky, hopefully not for long.

Many thanks to our main team for the recent updated release too.

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome to the fold to our new mods.

Sorry to hear you’re a bit down Roky, hopefully not for long.

Many thanks to our main team for the recent updated release too.

Nice to see you around too fatmac, another veteran in our midst.

For a few days I thought that I was the only moderator left, but you’re back, Roky will hopefully be well and we have four additional, capable moderators to help out.

Welcome back, good to see you here too!

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Brian Masinick.

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

Congratulations on becoming moderators and accepting the responsibility.
    BobC
    caprea
    christophe
    ModdIt

Hopes and prayers that you get well fast Roky.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

caprea
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks for the warm welcome as a mod
    I truly enjoy being a small part of this best community.
    Get well soon again, Roky.

ile
    Helpful
    Up

Hello Moddit, BobC, christophe, caprea
    Who asked you for your bank number for where to send the big dividend checks?

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

Haha. Good one, ile. 😉

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Hi ile,
    you got it wrong way round, in our houshold (group users way more) 3 salvaged computers too slow for win 10,
    Replacement cost with equivalent, not faster hardware would be minimum of 1000 Euro. to run win 10 as fast as antiX
    goes on those boxes we would be talking at least double that sum. Probably more as it makes my quad core I5 feel like
    something is broken or 3 cores cpu is missing.

I contribute mostly time but you are right its getting towards time for a monetary donation.

My big bonus is when junk is turned in to useful hardware and goes to needy users.

That is getting very hard here in Germany, so called green recycling companys are getting used computers and phones to
    destroy for metals forcing new purchases. We have something called AHA, they smash laptops immediately with a hammer to
    prevent reuse.
    It is one of the disgusting innovations of Green party. They have done some good things but this one is terrible.

fatmac
    Helpful
    Up

I love to hear of people keeping old computers out of landfill. I’ve just recently donated 2 old laptops, & 2 Raspberry Pi 3B to a youngsters programming organization, they were excess computers in my collection, but will now help to teach some youngsters (who maybe couldn’t afford their own computer) to learn some programming, & who knows, in a few years time, they might be working on FOSS. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

fatmac
    Helpful
    Up

Nice to see you around too fatmac, another veteran in our midst.

For a few days I thought that I was the only moderator left…..

I’ve been popping in every now & then, but haven’t needed to make my presence known, as everything seemed to be running OK, mainly down to your good self. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Forum Admin
    SamK
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome to each of our new Moderators.

Years ago, the former antiX forum was acknowledged to be one of the best around, tolerant, helpful and supportive. The members were respectful of each other with good self discipline and moderate in expression. Over time that changed. Long time members became increasingly sarcastic and provocative. New members then began to adopt a similar tone. The forum became a less friendly place.

Recently the forum has begun to reverse that trend. With the addition of the new mods we are now in a better position to continue that direction of travel, regain or exceed those high standards and ensure antiX is one of the best places to be.

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks SamK,
    you are right, when I first joined it was terrible, I came from manjaro and Arch forums so was
    used to rtfm comments, for a while it was way more personal and off tone here.
    I think we all make mistakes, say silly things at times. That certainly has happened to me/group.
    Lets just stick together and if someone has a bad day quietly remind them we are here to help not
    attack each other.

Almost all of us are in a testing psychological situation due covid, please lets not add to that
    unless we must.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.