Welcome our new Moderators.

Forum Forums News Announcements Welcome our new Moderators.

• This topic has 32 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated Nov 6-5:02 pm by Girafenaine.
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Welcome to each of our new Moderators.

Years ago, the former antiX forum was acknowledged to be one of the best around, tolerant, helpful and supportive. The members were respectful of each other with good self discipline and moderate in expression. Over time that changed. Long time members became increasingly sarcastic and provocative. New members then began to adopt a similar tone. The forum became a less friendly place.

Recently the forum has begun to reverse that trend. With the addition of the new mods we are now in a better position to continue that direction of travel, regain or exceed those high standards and ensure antiX is one of the best places to be.

I still believe that we have one of the best group of people who participate in the forum, but I agree that polite behavior is essential.

It’s OK to have different ideas, opinions and suggestions but it’s important to remember that we come from all over the world. American people in particular (myself included) have to remember that using phrases that are from our region make no sense at all to other people, whether they can speak the same language or use language translation tools.

Also in a time of worldwide strife it is easy to get irritated, probably more at our environment and conditions than each other. With that said, remember kindness and patience. When we do error, let’s apologize, remove or modify offensive words and keep this a great place to share with others about antiX and Linux software.

Brian Masinick

olsztyn
    Helpful
    Up

Long time members became increasingly sarcastic and provocative. New members then began to adopt a similar tone. The forum became a less friendly place.

Although it may not be my business to ask as I am just an average rather recent user of antiX: I am curious what times are you guys referring to as related to this statement? During my time this forum always appeared very helpful and tolerant to the extremes. Even mentioning (verbotten and hated elsewhere) Windows did not seem to invoke flaming and calling names in this forum, uncharacteristic of Linux forum…
    In any case, congratulations to new moderators on promotion and thanks for your continued support…
    Regards…

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by olsztyn.
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

We all do our best to respect everyone.
    I’m not aware of any major issues but as we gain users from everywhere it is important to remain patient and considerate. I appreciate the wonderful people who participate in this forum.

Brian Masinick

Girafenaine
    Helpful
    Up

Hello,

Thanks and congratulations to new moderators ! I have always found help on this forum when I struggled on some new issues or question on Antix. I now use antix on a daily basis. This forum is an important part of the antiX distro itself. So in a way you new mods are now part of the distro 🙂

Thank you very much

Girafenaine
    ----
    Antix 19, Live USB stick / Manjaro XFCE (Dell XPS 7590) / MX Linux 19 (various PC)

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.