What is that green and black Icon which appears near the clock?

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-16 “Berta Cáceres” What is that green and black Icon which appears near the clock?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by rokytnji Sep 18-4:22 pm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    corsiglia

Good evening,
    Just a question about that black and green Icon which appears on the bottom right of the screen near the clock : it seems linked to the Wifi connexion but I don’t understand why it appears or not ! Thank you
    corsiglia

Anti X / Ubuntu 18.04 / IPAD 12

masinick
    masinick

I am not 100% certain what it is because I am not sure which panel and status tools are present.

Based on the general description you have provided, I am guessing that you are seeing a graphical tool that shows resources used.

Try hovering the mouse pointer over the black and green images and see if any system information appears in a temporary popup display in the same vicinity or if any statistics of any kind appear.

That may help.

Brian Masinick

VW
    VW

You could check out /usr/share/applications/ with your file manager, search the icons listed and see what your green and black one is called. WICD is indeed green and black on a white background so you could be correct in your assumption.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

left click : brings up wicd gui on my AntiX 17 icewm taskbar on my chromebook
    right click a box shows connect; connection info ; quit

Wicd was enabled by me on install using the f key choices before a live boot > then install .
    I usually connect up while doing a install. Since settings can be saved during the live run/install.

Start up is in antix control center > Edit Icewm settings and Session > User Desktop Settings.

Just a general description coming from a AntiX 17 chromebook.

Edit: I mention this < versions > because I know antiX 19 will be dropping wicd for another connection manager.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.