What music are you listening to

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio What music are you listening to

• This topic has 173 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated Apr 13-4:42 pm by Xunzi_23.
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    ile

Adrian Quesada Brings ‘Boleros Psicodélicos’ To ‘Austin City Limits’ Stage

The voice in the red dress. wow. Mireya Ramos

Brian Masinick

Checking out audio and video, listening to an oldie from when I was much younger, Chuck Mangione, “Feels So Good:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FExBwfQHXlE

The song is melodic, and at times, simple, yet if you listen to the entire piece, the guitar player and saxophone player are also very good musicians, and the overall sound blends a bit of pop and jazz from the late seventies and eighties.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Brian Masinick.

--
        Brian Masinick

olsztyn

Grup Yorum music and songs discovered by anticapitalista are still among my top favorites. Look at thread ‘Music and poetry of Grup Yorum antiX’ for samples. Beautiful Turkish and plenty of spirit, which is so missed in our ‘progressive’ decadent society…
          Other than that one, there are many others internationally, such as ‘Canciones de mi padre’ of linda Ronstadt, Kubanskiy Kozachiy Xor, Greek songs, such of Nana Mouskouri ‘Gialo Gialo’, etc…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
          http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Brian Masinick

This album came out when I was in seventh grade. I played brass instruments, primarily the trombone, so when I heard this one I enjoyed it – and it’s still good stuff today –
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFjkn4w_Ras – “Chicago Transit Authority”, later simply known as the group Chicago.

--
            Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Here’s something that may be VERY different from what most people listen to – it’s fusion music of rock music with “faith” based music.
              If any mention of “faith” or stuff like that bothers you, please do NOT listen, but otherwise it’s a pretty cool song.
              Faith rock music

--
              Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

This one shouldn’t both you.
                This is Jazz Rock Fusion Music – Bill Chase “Get It On”!
                Jazz, Rock, Trumpets and Vocals

--
                Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Song by Elton John, recorded by the Maynard Ferguson Jazz Orchestra,
                  Don’t Let the Sun go Down on Me
                  Maynard Ferguson

--
                  Brian Masinick

Trashthrasher

I listen to a wide variety of music, anywhere from oldies all the way up to more extreme styles like Death Metal & Hardcore Punk.

I also play bass in the H/C Punk band Taco Tueday & have been a fixture in the Milwaukee music scene for close to 30 years now.

Animal lover
                    Savior of abandoned electronics
                    Linux Enthusiast
                    Check out my Punk/Metal band Taco Tuesday

Brian Masinick

I listen to a wide variety of music, anywhere from oldies all the way up to more extreme styles like Death Metal & Hardcore Punk.

I also play bass in the H/C Punk band Taco Tueday & have been a fixture in the Milwaukee music scene for close to 30 years now.

Cool! My wife’s brother used to live in a nice area of North Milwaukee, about 3 miles from the Downtown area and a couple of blocks from Lake Michigan. Now they live in Greenville, SC as we do, but they sold their home and bought a vacation condo just up the hill from the lake, so my nephew and his mom go there in the Summer for a while and my brother in law goes there a couple of times a Summer.

My wife also has a friend from Michigan that has lived in New Berlin for a number of years. Do you happen to be near either of those areas (they’re probably a half hour apart).

As far as Lake Michigan music goes, back when I was young, probably still under 30 years old, I went to Chicago for a long weekend. A friend of mine from high school took a job near downtown and lived a block or two from an overhead train. We went to a few blues joints near Rush St. and spent almost all night there; shows how young we were back then! Even with the music going, I’d probably fall asleep these days, but those dudes sure could play and sing the blues and a few played a combo of jazz and blues. I don’t know if BB King ever went to that area, but some of these dudes could play with a similar level of skill even if they weren’t anywhere near as well known!

Those guys, BB King and me are all past our “regular working” days, though I still think of myself as a young retiree! 🙂

--
                      Brian Masinick

Trashthrasher

I’m not far from New Berlin actually.

Animal lover
                        Linux Enthusiast

Brian Masinick

Cool! I don’t know if we’ll go up that way again. We used to visit Wisconsin in the Summer and every other Winter for the traditional Italian “Feast of the Seven Fishes”. My sister in law’s brother has a dental practice somewhere near Milwaukee, but I don’t think he lives in the city. He’d go to that feast, but it was always at Shepherd St. North of downtown.

By the way, my undergraduate education was about 400 miles North of you in Houghton, Michigan at Michigan Tech, nestled at the base of the Keweenaw Peninsula along the Portage Canal that actually turns the “peninsula” technically into an island! Houghton is about 100 miles west of Marquette, Michigan and ~215 miles from Duluth, MN.

--
                          Brian Masinick

Yuzeff

I listen to electronic music, mostly of Trance style. There is energy in it, hope and belief. Trance is life!

My Dell Vostro 1710: Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD, Intel 965GM Integrated Graphics, 1440x900, antiX 22 full.

Brian Masinick

@Yuzeff: I’m getting old, apparently and I’m not familiar with Trance style electronic music. Is it based on electronic synthesizers or something newer than that?

My age group grew up on hard rock and stuff like that, although I preferred Jazz and Jazz fusion music. I also like some symphonic classical music at times along with some popular music, but regardless of the style, I get tired of listening to the same thing; I prefer to listen to a variety of different styles.

Does the Trance style electronic music have a “relaxed” sound or can it be sharp and gritty? The one thing that irritates my ears is music with too much edge; I can listen to it for a while but it can wear thin on my ears after a while. I’d like to find out more about your musical interests and I’ll at least look into it and see if it appeals to my tastes or not. Whether it does or it doesn’t, I’m a big advocate of choice, we can’t all appreciate the exact same things at all times, yet we can appreciate one another, so I would definitely like to look into a few of your favorites; please pass along a few links and I’ll check them when I have a few minutes to listen. Thanks!

--
                              Brian Masinick

Trashthrasher

Here’s a link to my band’s latest album on Bandcamp. If you’re not into Punk or Metal, you won’t like it.

http://noiseco2-13.bandcamp.com/album/its-about-more-than-just-tacos

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Trashthrasher.

Animal lover
                                Linux Enthusiast

Forum Admin
                                rokytnji

Flaco

youtube link

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
                                  I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
                                  Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
                                  How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 174 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.