What music are you listening to

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio What music are you listening to

• This topic has 133 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated Feb 15-5:59 am by catfood.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    marcelocripemarcelocripe

Hi @nugget,

I recently arrived at the antiX forum.

You started this topic on December 13, 2019 and have yielded a wide variety of musical styles.

Today I could hear some of the artists nominated by colleagues, there are only excellent musicians!

Here in Brazil we have a huge variety of musical styles, including Samba, Samba Choro, Bossa Nova, Samba Rock, Samba de Gafieira, Popular Brazilian Music or Música Popular Brasileira – MPB, Forró, Vanerão, Axé or Axé “music”, in addition to others styles with Brazilian interpretation (“sotaque” or accent): Rock’n’roll, Jazz, Blues, Guarânia and Power Metal.

Today I will mention some musicians who play a percussion instrument that was born in North America – USA, here in Brazil it is called “Drums” and in English it is called “Drums”. These musicians play different styles of Samba on the Drums.

Mestre Nino de Jaú:
    Explains in Portuguese language, the origin of Samba played by the Samba Schools at the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. And Mestre Nino also reproduces in a drums what about 250 to 300 instrumentalists/percussionists perform at Carnival.

Mestre Tatá:
    Explains in Portuguese language and plays Samba as it was played on the drums and its evolution.

Rick Lobisomem (or Rick Werewolf), Fabinho Viotto and Erivelton Silva:
    “Samba – Três por Um!” or “Samba – Three per One”, Each of the Drummers interpret the same song differently, we hear in the video excerpts of the performance of each of the musicians.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá @nugget,

Eu cheguei a pouco tempo no fórum do antiX.

Você iniciou este tópico no dia 13 de Dezembro de 2019 e vem rendendo uma grande variedade de estilos musicais.

Hoje pude ouvir alguns dos artistas indicados pelos colegas, só tem músicos excelentes!

Aqui no Brasil possuímos um variedade enorme de estilos musicais, entre eles, Samba, Samba Choro, Bossa Nova, Samba Rock, Samba de Gafieira, Música Popular Brasileira – MPB, Forró, Vanerão, Axé ou ou Axé “music”, além de outros estilos com sotaques Brasileiros: Rock’n’roll, Jazz, Blues, Guarânia e o Power Metal.

Hoje citarei alguns músicos que tocam um instrumento de percussão que nasceu na América do Norte – EUA, aqui no Brasil é chamado de “Bateria” e em inglês é chamado de “Drums”. Estes músicos tocam estilos variados de Samba na Bateria.

Mestre Nino de Jaú:
    Explica em idioma Português, a origem do Samba tocado pelas Escolas de Samba no Carnaval do Rio de Janeiro e de São Paulo. E ainda o Mestre Nino reproduz em uma Bateria o que cerca de 250 a 300 instrumentistas/percussionistas executam no Carnaval.

youtube width=300 height=160]OoAnmBmJT2w[/youtube

Mestre Tatá:
    Explica em idioma Português e toca o Samba como era tocado na Bateria e a sua evolução.

Rick Lobisomem, Fabinho Viotto e Erivelton Silva:
    “Samba – Três por Um!”, cada um dos Bateristas interpretam a mesma música de forma diferente, ouvimos no vídeo trechos da execução de cada um dos músicos.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by BobC.
    catfoodcatfood

I love drum covers, that’s the youtube how-to of playing drums!

but to help correct what appears to be the same problem for you:

@catfood,

I can’t seem to make video link reasonably sized

I had the same problem, but actually it is quite simple. You need the ID of the youtube video.It’s part of the url.There are some tutorials how to find the ID on the net.
    After finding it, the bb-code for embedding is
    youtube width=400 height=175 in big brackets […]
    followed by the ID
    followed by
    /youtube also in big brackets […]

I hope this is understandable.

(I’m so used to a “preview” post function in helping edit my own…)

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by catfood.

Human persistence fails me, the second before I would have answered my own question. Again, often, mostways.

catfood, it’s a security thing with the forum is all. A moderator needs to fix the link. It goes like this plus the brackets on both sides

youtube width=300 height=160]OoAnmBmJT2w[/youtube

Spartak77Spartak77

Brazil calling…..Italy replies.

Listening to Brazilian music reminded me of an Italian band I was listening to some years ago. Some pieces of their music reminded me a bit of Brazilian carnival music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVMCKirZpQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dWi-DHj9c

They are not sung in Italian but in Piedmontese dialect (North West Italy).

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

marcelocripemarcelocripe

Spartak77,

“Brazil calling… ..Italy replies.”

This international call will be very expensive, it will be more economical to use VOIP (Voice over IP) (laughs).

The songs you indicated resemble the Brazilian Axé style songs, with Samba and Mexican music. Some words sung in the songs I can understand, due to the similarity between Italian and Brazilian Portuguese.

I admire Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman in this live:

Or in a Brazilian version with Rinaldo and Liriel – Con te Partirò (unfortunately, they are not or were properly valued as they deserve here in Brazil, this type of music is not easy for the vast majority to hear)

At the Freshman Show in 2001:

Show when they were no longer “freshmen”:

Collection of excellent songs in this topic! I even forgot that I was on the antiX Linux forum …

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Spartak77,

“Brazil calling…..Italy replies.”

Vai ficar bem caro esta chamada internacional, vai ser mais econômico usarmos um VOIP (Voz sobre IP) (risos).

As músicas que você indicou lembram um pouco as músicas Brasileira estilo Axé, com Samba e música Mexicana. Algumas palavras cantadas nas músicas eu consigo compreender, devido a similaridade entre o Italiano e o Português Brasileiro.

Admiro Andrea Bocelli e Sarah Brightman neste ao vivo:
    (Link do vídeo no texto traduzido em inglês)

Ou em versão Brasileira com Rinaldo e Liriel – Con te Partirò (infelizmente, não são ou foram devidamente valorizados como merecem aqui no Brasil, este tipo de música não é fácil para a grande maioria ouvir)

No Show de calouros em 2001:

Show quando já não eram mais “calouros”:

Coleção de músicas excelentes neste tópico! Eu até me esqueci que estava no fórum do antiX Linux …

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by anticapitalista. Reason: shrunk video
    Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

listening to ….

Livin’ on a Prayer
    Bon Jovi

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

christophechristophe

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by christophe.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by anticapitalista. Reason: shrunk video
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by christophe.

youtube.com/watch?v=TSI970gqkXA
    My daughter is one of the performers in this amateur video.
    The first of the kids who installed own linux with some encouragement and a few hints.

youtube.com/watch?v=CQyJVHh7Z4k Her boyfriends sister in this one
    youtube.com/watch?v=KzmUmLXhD7o here too, all amateuer performance.

First time I knew about this, my young lady kept it very quiet.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by ModdIt.
    christophechristophe

OK. I think this will work; try this:

The embedded code you posted looks like this (first video):
    https://youtu.be/TSI970gqkXA

And someone way above in this thread posted just blue hyperlinks, in this form (your first video):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSI970gqkXA

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by christophe.
    capreacaprea

Or try :
    There is a LINK-button above your post.
    If you click on it you can enter the link under URL and also under Link Text
    Then the blue “Add Link” button

My turn….

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by BobC.
    andyproughandyprough

I’m a big fan of Leonid and Friends and their covers of old Chicago songs: https://invidious.snopyta.org/watch?v=XEDatFQ3m98

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.