Wi-Fi Button Flashing Strobe Light..!

Forum Forums General Hardware Wi-Fi Button Flashing Strobe Light..!

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Dec 4-4:51 pm by banned.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    banned

My old HP G60 Laptop has the power button and the Wi-Fi button located centrally above the keyboard. When connected to Wi-Fi this illuminated button flashes like a strobe in my eyes. I have to cover it up it is that annoying.
      Is there a simple fix in AntiX-22 Full ..?

Thanks

mrpieceofwork

I have nearly the same exact issue… WIFI on/off switch is now a net traffic monitor after setting up antiX22full32bit… HP Pavilion, Intel 3945ABG WIFI adapter… only one driver available for it, if that’s even the reason

Forum Admin
        rokytnji

I would have it fixed quicker than it takes me to write out this post if it bothered me that much.

[/url]

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
          I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
          Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
          How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

mrpieceofwork

lol I’ve actually thought about that.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by mrpieceofwork.
            banned

Hey Guys – Nice bit of banter – good humour πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ As for your solution – A bit obvious; even to Fred Flintstone – Yaba Daba Doo πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Surprised you did not recommend using a club, baseball bat, hammer etc πŸ™‚ and just smash the shit out of the flashing light – hey, jam a screwdriver in there and prize it out πŸ™‚ Did you guys go to school with that Trump dude who recommends injection of disinfectant to cure Covid πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Joking apart; that strobe light comes straight through that insulation tape – Yes Fred; I know keep adding layer after layer – Duh..!
              So let us engage our brains and think of something lightproof and about a tenth the thickness of insulation tape…??? In the kitchen? Bright and shiny? Turkeys just love it at Xmas? Ah – Got it…! πŸ™‚ Aluminium Foil. Simple πŸ™‚

Lets experiment – I still need to be able to use this mechanical button switch – can Fred Flintstone dig this..? πŸ™‚ I cut a crude circle of foil and stuck it to a square of sellotape. I then placed the button upside down centrally and trimmed away the excess tape as best as I could – nothing too fancy.
              Hey Presto – works first time out with just a tiny bit of light leakage around the rim of the button – cool.
              If I can be arsed; will use a hole punch on the foil and use the exact circle of foil from the waste tray – neat or what πŸ™‚ then use scalpel to trim the sellotape.

I used this method before to cover the inbuilt webcam above the screen using insulation tape and foil – this time the foil serving to protect the camera lens from the tacky goo of the tape – should I decide to use the webcam one day. Simple πŸ™‚

Cheers Fred – Yaba Daba Doo

ile

hello
                http://mxlinux.org/wiki/networking/intel-wireless-blinking-led-indicator-light/

example from antiX 19 /etc/modprobe.d
                “iwlwifi-no-blink.conf …”

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                #-- disable iwlwifi blinking on some systems ---------------------------------
                #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                # The option below will stop the wireless indicator from blinking and make
                # turn it on constantly on some systems that use the iwlwifi driver which
                # is used for recent Intel wireless chips.
                # options iwlwifi led_mode=1

Brian Masinick

Barney, “Hey Fred! Hee hee hee!”
                  Bam Bam: “BAM! BAM!”
                  Fred: “Wilma! (background: bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, urgently banging on the door) πŸ™‚

Yaba daba doo!

--
                  Brian Masinick

banned

Hi ile and thanks.

A bit above my experience but dived in and had a go..! OMG – think I screwed up?
                    Went to the link and did literally what it said under sudo pcmanfm.
                    Created file in the correct place and then simply pasted in – setting X to 1
                    However after reboot light still flashing so went looking for ath5k driver folder and found to my horror they were breeding OMG..!

Suppose I should delete all folders except one? Then delete file I created?
                    Oh Dear – looks like the cave men and women were right all along..? πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Awaiting your instructions – Cheers πŸ™‚

banned

Yaba daba doo!

Hey – This Dude is speaking my language πŸ™‚
                      Don’t forget the Gogs – great real animations – plenty vids out there – even world cup footy πŸ™‚

Any idea how to get out of this…?

OMG – think I screwed up?

Should I wipe and do a clean install?

Cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.