WiFi: 23 Connects, 19 doesn’t??

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions WiFi: 23 Connects, 19 doesn’t??

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated Sep 18-12:10 am by stevesr0.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stevesr0

Hi all,

I have antiX-19 and antiX-22/23 installed on one computer. I have been using 19 at home connecting via wi-fi, but haven’t yet set up 22/23 to use wi-fi.

While visiting a relative today, I tried to connect to their wi-fi network using conman. Selecting the correct network and entering the password in the “pass phrase” spot, nothing happened.

So, I switched to the newer install and conman took the same info and connected promptly.

I am puzzled about what is the problem, since conman apparently works fine on 22/23 here and (I think connman is being used at home.)

If the answer doesn’t come to me, I will report back after checking on my home network.

stevesr0

P.S. Glad that I had the newer version available.

stevesr0

Since my initial post a few minutes ago, I tested ceni and it allowed a connection with my 19 install. Then I saw the video by Xecure on problems with connman in 19.2 (http://antixlinux.com/wifi-with-connman-antix-19-2/).

Since I don’t remember trying these things with connman, I may have been using ceni at home. I will try the suggestions in the video and report back.

Obviously, many people were having a problem with connman in 19.2…

Maybe much improved now??

stevesr0

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by stevesr0.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.