Window managers

Forum Forums General Polls Window managers

Which of the default window managers do you use?

From the faq

You must be logged in to participate.
  • rox-icewm (default)
  • space-icewm
  • icewm (or min-*)
  • rox-fluxbox
  • space-fluxbox
  • fluxbox (or min-*)
  • rox-jwm
  • space-jwm
  • jwm (or min-*)
  • herbstluftwm

This topic contains 19 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Jesse Mar 28-2:39 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

bigbenaugust

I am kind of a jwm fan, but I did install antiX in a VM and add the BunsenLabs repos to get the Openbox/tint2 set from those guys in antiX. It was interesting.

poorguy
    poorguy

rox-icewm or icewm ain’t hard to place icons on the desktop.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
    (Mark Twain)

Inspiration can be found in a pile of junk. Sometimes, you can put it together with a good imagination and invent something.
    (Thomas Edison)

fatmac
    fatmac

plain fluxbox

Me too. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

wildstar84
    wildstar84

* None of the above, I use AfterStep! (http://afterstep.org/ and available in the Antix repos) It’s old, but it’s lean & mean, and very configurable. It’s also the ONLY W/M with the “Wharf” dockapp swallower / launcher that will “swallow” all my “dockapps” including the ones I wrote in Perl/Tk, ie. TkWeather.pl!

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by wildstar84.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by wildstar84.
    Attachments:
    Jesse
    Jesse

I’m partial to icewm. I like jwm, too, but, icewm has some extra bells and whistles that I enjoy. If I were going to stray from the “built-in” options in antiX, I would go with i3wm as I quite enjoy it. Some day I’ll get my head wrapped around herbsluftwm, but for now it just doesn’t “click.” If I could get a configuration for herbsluftwm that more or less matched the default i3 keybindings and such, I would likely migrate.

rainydayshirts.bandcamp.com | Audio
    rainydayshirts.deviantart.com | Visual

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.