Wireless internet

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Wireless internet

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated May 27-10:37 am by john50.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    john50

Hello I have just installed Antix 23 on an old mac mini 32bit but I can’t get onto the wireless Internet any help would be appreciated please.
      Thank you.

caprea

Please post
        inxi -zv7

Did you try menu > control-centre > network > Wifi Connect ?

Robin

Hi John50. To enable other people here to help you it is essential you provide the basic pieces of information about your device and the antiX version you installed (there are lots of different flavours of antiX 23)

– have you installed antiX 23 or 23.1
          – have you installed the runit or the sysvinit version?
          – have you installed the full or the base (or any other available) version?
          – is your device 32 or 64 bit?
          – if it is 64 bit, have you installed the 32 or the 64 bit version of antiX?

Please go to antiX Control Centre (available in the main menu), section “hardware” and open PC-Info. Please post the output of the “Full info” here.

Additionally it would be a good idea to post here the output of a diagnosis terminal command, taken immediately after a fresh reboot:
          Open roxterm (terminal emulator) from the antiX main menu and enter:
          $ sudo dmesg
          copy and paste all of it, or use the following command to redirect the output into a file in your home directory
          $ sudo dmesg > dmesg.txt
          This output should show whether there are any issues reported while loading the Wireless drivers.

With this information other users here can start helping you.

————-
          Edit:
          Hi Caprea, as always, you have beat me while I still was keying in my reply 🙂

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

john50

Hello it’s ok wireless network is now working,thank you for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.